delected photos

U

Unregistered

My daughter accidently deleted my camera folder filled with pictures and I'm so heart broken how can I retrieve my deleted photos ?

Branta

Retired Network Moderator
Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Your first priority is to protect the "deleted" files by not allowing any of the deleted files to be over-written. If this was on a removable SD card remove it from the phone, and keep it disconnected until you have completed recovery efforts. You can buy adaptors to connect the card to your PC and use special recovery software to manipulate deleted files. Note... you run the software on your PC, DO NOT download to the phone or you will risk trashing your deleted photos.

(Edit: You can find free recovery software from many websites if you use Google to search. Don't be deceived by the spams which are likely to appear in this and similar threads with low post-count members recommending Chines websites.)

If the folder was in your phone's fixed storage you have a much bigger problem because anything the phone does is likely to start over writing the deleted files. The only thing you can do to reduce this is to shut down the phone's cellular and WiFi communication (which is probably not what you want with your phone) until you have recovery software on your PC and a USB connection with the phone as a USB storage device.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Agree with Branta. Also, you could probably run the Android Data Recovery, unless your phone is rooted or is one of the devices that are not supported right now.

You'll need to download and install the program on your computer.
Than connect your Android device to the computer.

On your device, enable USB debugging.
If your device can be detected by the program, you can directly skip to the next step.

On Android 4.2 or newer: Enter Settings
About Phone
Build number for several times until getting a note "You are under developer mode"
Go back to Settings Developer options
Check USB debugging

Then, scan your Android device, but before the scan, click the "Start" button on the program's window to let it analyze your device .

Make sure the device is plug into a power outlet or that the battery is at least 20%-30%.

After that, you can scan your device for lost photos, messages, contacts and I think even video.

Click the "Allow" button on the screen to enable the computer to scan you phone for lost data, then on your computer click "Start" to scan.

After scanning, the window will show you all the data that it has found. You'll be able to preview pictures, contacts and messages in the scan result.
After this, mark/check all the data you want to restore and click the "Recover" button to save said data on your computer.

Disclaimer:
I got all this from my cousin, I actually have never used that software, but he assures me it has worked for him on 2 different devices.

There are also apps on the play store that will help you but I've never tried any of them before.

Good luck on recovering your data.

Sent From Another Galaxy

Last edited: