Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Wifi Authentication Error

For seemingly no reason today my Galaxy Tab has been giving 'Authentication Error' and 'Incorrect Password' messages when trying to connect to Xfinity Wifi at my house. I also have a Samsung Mini phone that is able to connect to the same Wifi with no problem and I took my tablet to a cafe that had free wifi to check it wasn't something with the tablet itself and it connected there no problem. Signal strength of my home wifi is very good.

I have tried having the tablet 'forget' my home network and have also tried to manually enter a static IP address, but still no luck. The airplane mode trick that has seemed to work for some other people didn't work for me. The password I enter is correct. I have seen some posts suggesting to change the router security, but I don't understand the point of that - I had made no changes to my network between the time the wifi connection worked with this device and when it didn't. I have no idea if my tablet did some sort of automatic update that changed settings.

Any ideas??

Default Re: Wifi Authentication Error

Don't forget the old remove/replace battery tactic, if you can do that on your Tab.

Posted via Android Central App