For seemingly no reason today my Galaxy Tab has been giving 'Authentication Error' and 'Incorrect Password' messages when trying to connect to Xfinity Wifi at my house. I also have a Samsung Mini phone that is able to connect to the same Wifi with no problem and I took my tablet to a cafe that had free wifi to check it wasn't something with the tablet itself and it connected there no problem. Signal strength of my home wifi is very good.

I have tried having the tablet 'forget' my home network and have also tried to manually enter a static IP address, but still no luck. The airplane mode trick that has seemed to work for some other people didn't work for me. The password I enter is correct. I have seen some posts suggesting to change the router security, but I don't understand the point of that - I had made no changes to my network between the time the wifi connection worked with this device and when it didn't. I have no idea if my tablet did some sort of automatic update that changed settings.

Any ideas??
    06-28-2014 03:58 PM
    Don't forget the old remove/replace battery tactic, if you can do that on your Tab.

Posted via Android Central App
    06-28-2014 05:31 PM