Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Camera shortcut is no such thing

I have a question that I cannot answer by Googling around. How do I get the camera shortcut to actually go to the camera?

The camera icon (a little image of camera, with the word 'Camera' under it) when pressed goes to a gallery screen of recently taken pictures. I have to then hit a second camera icon to actually get to the camera in order to take a photo. This is really annoying when I want to take a picture quickly.

So how do I cut out the middle-man gallery step and get straight to the camera?

Thanks

Global Posts
    4,634 Global Posts
    ROM
    I'M RUNNING STOCK BABY!

Default Re: Camera shortcut is no such thing

Quote Originally Posted by AC Question View Post
    I have a question that I cannot answer by Googling around. How do I get the camera shortcut to actually go to the camera?

The camera icon (a little image of camera, with the word 'Camera' under it) when pressed goes to a gallery screen of recently taken pictures. I have to then hit a second camera icon to actually get to the camera in order to take a photo. This is really annoying when I want to take a picture quickly.

So how do I cut out the middle-man gallery step and get straight to the camera?

Thanks
    You can try clearing the cache of the camera app. Have you tried to hit the back button once it reaches the gallery? It might be stuck on viewing pictures (you how the camera can let you see photos you've already taken).

"In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." - Abraham Lincoln