Camera shortcut is no such thing

A

AC Question

I have a question that I cannot answer by Googling around. How do I get the camera shortcut to actually go to the camera?

The camera icon (a little image of camera, with the word 'Camera' under it) when pressed goes to a gallery screen of recently taken pictures. I have to then hit a second camera icon to actually get to the camera in order to take a photo. This is really annoying when I want to take a picture quickly.

So how do I cut out the middle-man gallery step and get straight to the camera?

Thanks

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I have a question that I cannot answer by Googling around. How do I get the camera shortcut to actually go to the camera?

The camera icon (a little image of camera, with the word 'Camera' under it) when pressed goes to a gallery screen of recently taken pictures. I have to then hit a second camera icon to actually get to the camera in order to take a photo. This is really annoying when I want to take a picture quickly.

So how do I cut out the middle-man gallery step and get straight to the camera?

Thanks

You can try clearing the cache of the camera app. Have you tried to hit the back button once it reaches the gallery? It might be stuck on viewing pictures (you how the camera can let you see photos you've already taken).