Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default no sound during phone call

i have galaxy s4.. when making or receiving telephone call. i cant hear the dial tone ringing, when the recipient answers, they cant hear me & i cant hear them. same with head phones in. my speakers and mike work. tried battery out abd factory reset. any ideas for non tech person???

Global Posts
    7,876 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: no sound during phone call

Quote Originally Posted by AC Question View Post
    i have galaxy s4.. when making or receiving telephone call. i cant hear the dial tone ringing, when the recipient answers, they cant hear me & i cant hear them. same with head phones in. my speakers and mike work. tried battery out abd factory reset. any ideas for non tech person???
    Since you've already performed a factory reset I'm going to rule out a software problem and suggest that it might be hardware related. Has the device been dropped? Come into contact with water or moisture?

It might be something internally that has gone bad, and the device may need to be sent for repair or replacement.

Angry Re: no sound during phone call

thanks for the prompt reply.
    i have tested my phone with *#0*#
    my speakers and mike work, also the receiver works, infact all the tests came back with pass, so i am bamboozled...

RESULT!!!!!!!
    spoke with orange, jumped through all the hoops to test the phone
    thankfully its still under warranty, so a new one being delivered in the morning!!!!!!

It could be the blue tooth. Have you paired your phone with anything recently? My wife and I just got new Galaxy s5, after pairing with car's hands free we lost ability to hear except when on spearphone. I turned off bluetooth on both phones (you just need to do yours) and turned the phone off. Upon powering back on, we could hear again, even when switching blue tooth back on. Hope that helps

It's probably the bluetooth pair. Turn off bluetooth on your phone, then turn off the phone. Turn back on and it should work. Should also work after turning bluetooth back on.