What's the best phone

Sarwen28

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Hi I need to replace my samsung s3 but only have £150 to spend any ideas on which would be best option I try to you my device to its max use the camera a lot, emails, games, viber I love being able to change layout like using go launcher and go SMS etc.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Also, the Moto G is highly regarded as an inexpensive, but well-specified, phone...3G only, mind...and is readily available for £150 or less depending on where bought.

Posted via Android Central App

Sarwen28

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Ok so it is a good thing? Do you recommend buying a handset from ebay? I need to sell x2 sony Xperia E's including cases. But not sure if to you as there is no guarantee what I buy is what I get? Not used ebay before.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
As i-like-turtles says, more pixels means a clearer, sharper screen image, which matters to me because, as a photography nut, the visual impact of a screen display is more important than it would be to a normal, well-balanced human. Whether it's important to you...?
As for eBay, I prefer to buy from high street stores because if you get a problem, it's so much easier to take it back. Couldn't you use your unwanted phones as part exchange?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
It's occurred to me that you may not have known what I meant by 3G in my earlier post...forgive me if I am wrong. It refers to the radio technology used: the new 4G (4th Generation) signals will support faster data transmissions than the 3G, giving a faster smoother experience for the user. How relevant that would be for you I don't know, but if money allows it may be wise to buy a 4G-ready phone. Both mine are, but I don't have 4G coverage yet on the network I am with. However the 3G and Advanced 3G I do get are plenty fast.

Sarwen28

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Belodion thank you so much for your information I have a 3 year old daughter and take loads of photos using my mobile as it is near to hand rather than a digital camera so it is important to me. 4g is I know the faster network but I am on the 3 network which is pretty basin my area anyway. What are 4g ready phones I live in the uk and have bought my phone from argos as it seems cheaper than going to a network shop to buy and they not willing to take mine back as I have used it. But will buy the HTC 300 dense and try that it not good I will sell that one on ebay too lol.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunately I can't think of any 4G-ready phones likely to be suitable and within your budget. If I were in your position I might be inclined to choose the Moto G, though its camera is nothing special according to reviews. Argos have the 8GB (refers to storage space in phone) version for £130, and the 16GB for £160. I might also be inclined to sell surplus phones at a CEX store or similar, in the hope that it would bump up my budget to about £200. Then I'd consider the Sony Xperia SP, which has an excellent display, is 4G-ready, has a good 8MP camera, is apparently pretty nifty to use, and can be had from Phones4u for £200.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
If you're happy with low-resolution display, not very good camera, and 3G-only....and for many people those things would not be important....go for it.
I don't think, for what it's worth, that technical excellence in a photo is very important. I'm sure you will enjoy looking at photos of your daughter in years to come just as much if they are rather low-res or lacking in clarity, as you would if they were of very high quality, because, obviously, it's the emotional significance that matters.
My first phone was a Nokia Lumia 520...excellent value, pretty good camera, low-res screen, but overall very nice. Windows Phone rather than Android of course. Worth considering?

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
What is the windows phones like compared to my android? I love android what is different?

Windows phone is a very good OS. It's smooth and polished, but lacks the customization and personalization of Android. It has matured drastically, but it still has some ways to go.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21