Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default LG Optimus L9 - Not receiving texts, scan media files for a long time

My entire family of four bought the LG Optimus L9 a little over a year ago. Even though I use it the most, mine is the only one having difficulties.

Sometimes when I am not directly connected to my home wifi, it will not receive text messages until I am connected again or until I restart the phone.

Every time the phone turns on, it takes a good 30-40 minutes to scan the media files. During this period, the phone gets very hot and the battery drains itself.

I have had it reset once before, but these problems didn't occur until after the reset. I would like to try to reset it again, but first I need to save all my contacts - another issue I am having trouble with.

If anyone could help or has any suggestions, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Default Re: LG Optimus L9 - Not receiving texts, scan media files for a long time

Welcome to Android Central! Do you have a microSD card inserted? If so, I'd be suspicious of a corrupt file on there. That might be why the media scanner is taking so long--because it's hung up on the corrupt file. Unmount the card (in Settings>Storage), remove it, and reboot--see if the problems persist. You can then insert the SD card in your computer (using a fullsize SD card adapter), backup all of your data, and then run chkdsk. See this guide for more info: [GUIDE] Using chkdsk to fix a corrupted SD card