LG Optimus L9 - Not receiving texts, scan media files for a long time

rindamoz

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
My entire family of four bought the LG Optimus L9 a little over a year ago. Even though I use it the most, mine is the only one having difficulties.

Sometimes when I am not directly connected to my home wifi, it will not receive text messages until I am connected again or until I restart the phone.

Every time the phone turns on, it takes a good 30-40 minutes to scan the media files. During this period, the phone gets very hot and the battery drains itself.

I have had it reset once before, but these problems didn't occur until after the reset. I would like to try to reset it again, but first I need to save all my contacts - another issue I am having trouble with.

If anyone could help or has any suggestions, I'd greatly appreciate it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Do you have a microSD card inserted? If so, I'd be suspicious of a corrupt file on there. That might be why the media scanner is taking so long--because it's hung up on the corrupt file. Unmount the card (in Settings>Storage), remove it, and reboot--see if the problems persist. You can then insert the SD card in your computer (using a fullsize SD card adapter), backup all of your data, and then run chkdsk. See this guide for more info: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...guide-using-chkdsk-fix-corrupted-sd-card.html

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12