sd card not being detected by galaxy s 3 mini

S

stoked

Hi I just got a samsung evo microsd card to put music onto my phone and after I had put it into my computer and successfully downloaded my music on it I tried to put the card into my phone and it wont detect it in the slightest. I downloaded an app thats supposed to detect the sd card and allow you to manage the data on it but it can't because it cant even detect that there's a card in the phone. Please help and thank you!

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
When inserting the card, was the phone powered down?

Did you then mount the card in Settings > Storage after booting up?

Also when removing the card, unmount it first and remove after powering down.

It's a 2 step process each way to:
  1. Preserve the data on the card
  2. Protect the card from damage
  3. Allow the phone to know when it needs to read the data from a card and index the content

stoked801

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
I did that and when I tapped the mounting/unmount button it wouldnt work still. Its like the phones sd card reader is broken but I just got the phone a month ago and never used the sd card insert until now. Im at a loss...

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Galaxy s 3 mini samsung with the 32gb samsung evo microSDHC UHS-l

OK... The mini will use that class 10 card. Now about formatting. Did you let the phone format the card or your computer? Is it Fat32 or exFat?

Formatting makes a difference in a huge number of factors:
  • max file size (individual files)
  • max file name
  • maximium # of file names stored in file table for indexing
Among other issues...

Start here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s3/187789-what-format-sd-card.html
Maybe poke around the Galaxy s3 forums in general or do a site search here at Android Central for "SD card format."

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz