Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Galaxy S3 Weird Battery Issues

My Samsung S3 has a weird and inconsistent problem. Generally I assume my phone will lose ~5% battery charge over the day with moderate use. I'm OK with that. Here is the problem. I go to bed and put the phone on the Samsung charger and the battery at ~50% charge. Next morning I wake up and with the charger still connected the battery is sitting at ~55%. I remove the charger cable and in a couple of seconds the battery says it is at 100%. But within ~20 minutes it has fallen steadily to 55% again. I put the phone on the Nexus 7 charger and get ready for work and it charges nicely to say ~75-80 percent and then continue to charge the phone on the car charger for another ~30 minutes and I might be close to 100% charged. It then loses ~5% per hour thereafter.
    I note that I have fooled with the apps, use WCDMA only etc. Also if you lose 50% battery in 20 minutes it generally means the battery would get warm.
    I suspect my charger and right now I am experimenting with different charges. My worry is that it is the charging software (hardware?) in the phone.
    Comments, help, similar issues?
    JohnB

Global Posts
    31,642 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Default Re: Galaxy S3 Weird Battery Issues

Your battery may be going bad was well.

Signed, a Nexus 5, AC forums app, and Android L.

I assume the 5% in the third line is an error...surely you meant 50% loss of charge after a day's use. If you charge your phone overnight, even from a low starting charge, it ought to reach 100% well before you wake up. Those additional charges you're giving it I don't understand.
    Here's me with Nexus 5: charge in the evening to 100%, stop charging, go to bed. Morning, 2%-5% lost overnight. After use during the day, I'm down to no lower than 20% charge by the evening, with quite heavy use, when I charge again.
    I'm wondering whether your charger is the culprit.

Posted via Android Central App

(I hadn't realised that Golfdriver97 had replied, but yes, possible battery problem as well.)

Global Posts
    31,642 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by belodion View Post
    (I hadn't realised that Golfdriver97 had replied, but yes, possible battery problem as well.)

Probably posted at the same time. No worries.

From a Carbon M8 and AC Forums app