Auto-update Apps Disabled, but still automatically updating, please help!
I was just walking around today when I felt my phone get VERY hot in my pocket, so I opened it up to see all the apps that come with the phone (S note, Gear Fit, Scrapbook etc) automatically updating. I went to check the option; it was on Disabled. Not even on "Only when connected to WiFi", but literally it had been on Disabled. WiFi and Bluetooth were both off.
I don't have App Update Notifications or Push notifications enabled either. It's really frustrating because it's updating apps on my mobile service and it just doesn't want me to turn it off; this is the second time it's happened within the past two weeks. Please help!!
Frustrated Android user
- 07-09-2014, 09:28 PM #2
Re: Auto-update Apps Disabled, but still automatically updating, please help!
Welcome to Android Central, and sorry for the delay! What phone do you have? When you say you have the Auto-Update option turned off, do you mean in Google Play Store, or is there some other auto-update function for Samsung apps? Keep in mind that the Samsung apps won't pay attention to Google Play Store settings, since they weren't installed from there.
- By The_Smurph in forum Sony Xperia Z2Replies: 8Last Post: 06-30-2014, 09:44 PM
- By Martin Tashi in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 3Last Post: 06-30-2014, 12:00 PM
- By sam in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 06-29-2014, 05:14 PM
- By sameer punjani in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 06-29-2014, 04:08 PM
- By stefanpopov in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 06-29-2014, 03:38 PM