Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Question Auto-update Apps Disabled, but still automatically updating, please help!

Hi everyone,
    I was just walking around today when I felt my phone get VERY hot in my pocket, so I opened it up to see all the apps that come with the phone (S note, Gear Fit, Scrapbook etc) automatically updating. I went to check the option; it was on Disabled. Not even on "Only when connected to WiFi", but literally it had been on Disabled. WiFi and Bluetooth were both off.

I don't have App Update Notifications or Push notifications enabled either. It's really frustrating because it's updating apps on my mobile service and it just doesn't want me to turn it off; this is the second time it's happened within the past two weeks. Please help!!

Frustrated Android user

Default Re: Auto-update Apps Disabled, but still automatically updating, please help!

Welcome to Android Central, and sorry for the delay! What phone do you have? When you say you have the Auto-Update option turned off, do you mean in Google Play Store, or is there some other auto-update function for Samsung apps? Keep in mind that the Samsung apps won't pay attention to Google Play Store settings, since they weren't installed from there.