problems after installing new screen/digitizer nexus 7 2012
I just replaced the screen on my nexus 7 and when I turn it back on, the display is half there, half just lines. It does seem to respond to touch and the half that is showing, isn't displayed exactly right. The image is too small and shows multiple times. Any suggestions as to what I did incorrectly?
- 08-08-2014, 10:16 PM #2
- 1 Posts
Re: problems after installing new screen/digitizer nexus 7 2012
I've had a similar problem on a Nexus 4 LG 2013 model. After actually cracking the LCD component on my first install and dealing with stripped screws on the motherboard I ran into a few roadblocks along the way. After buying a new screen and reinstalling there was still an issue with lines of green pixels and a portion of the digitzer that was not functional. The problem appears to have run into the realm of the way the motherboard addresses the digitizer component as setting the phone in an auto-rotate composition leads to a similar problem of having a small portion of the screen desensitized to touch on the opposite portion of the screen. There may be a missing connection on both components, unplug the digitzer and lcd component buses, cleaning both contacts (isopropyl alchohol) and reconnecting absolutely securely. Avoid using those oily digits.
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 06-29-2014, 05:31 PM
- By lambrewsk64 in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 06-29-2014, 04:21 PM
- By HiryuXIII in forum Samsung Galaxy S3 MiniReplies: 0Last Post: 06-29-2014, 04:08 PM
- By BriniaSona in forum General Android Device ChatReplies: 0Last Post: 06-29-2014, 03:54 PM
- By ColbyJvonBrown in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab 3Replies: 1Last Post: 06-29-2014, 03:16 PM