Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By STARGATE
  • 1 Post By msndrstood
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default phone screen is wet but my phone is not dropped with water or dropped in water

Hello I'm new here but can you pls help me I have a problem with my phone screen my phone screen is wet like smooth but I have no dropped itinto water or the water was not dropped to it its an android phone iI have tried drying it with my cloth but it comes back t wet like smooth screen again pls help me

Default Re: phone screen is wet but my phone is not dropped with water or dropped in water

What kind of phone? Do you know if it has an Oleophobic coating on the screen. That kind lets the oil from your fingers build up and slide around on the surface. Kind of hard to clean off.

I use a soft, lint free cloth like the kind that comes with screen protectors to clean my screens. You can try breathing heavily on the screen to "fog" it and then wiping with the cloth. It usually helps the oils wipe away better.
    Nokia Lumia 925 (T-Mobile Variant): Windows Phone 8.1 Preview for Developers
    LG Nexus 4 (16GB): Sailfish OS EA3
    Dell Venue 8 Pro (32GB): Windows 8.1 Desktop OS w/ Office 2013 H&S

Global Posts
    5,426 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Default Re: phone screen is wet but my phone is not dropped with water or dropped in water

Also, do you take the phone into the bathroom while you take a shower?

Lets say you left the phone on the sink or somewhere inside the bathroom.
    Some phones do get like that with the steam from the shower.

Sent From Another Galaxy
    If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!
    RumoredNow likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    What kind of phone? Do you know if it has an Oleophobic coating on the screen. That kind lets the oil from your fingers build up and slide around on the surface. Kind of hard to clean off.

I use a soft, lint free cloth like the kind that comes with screen protectors to clean my screens. You can try breathing heavily on the screen to "fog" it and then wiping with the cloth. It usually helps the oils wipe away better.
    Its a starmobile phone from the philippines no im just 12 years old i dont know any oleophobic thing in my phone
    Last edited by davidnc; 06-30-2014 at 08:00 AM. Reason: fixed the quoted marks to show as quote

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

Does anyone else in your household have this problem? It could be humidity. Just a thought.
    What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2
    Golfdriver97 likes this.

Global Posts
    17,725 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

msndrstood might be onto something here. If the screen wasn't sealed off properly, then condensation might be getting underneath the screen. Similar to double pane glass windows and water vapor gets in between them.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
    Thanked by: