Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question
    AC Question's Avatar
    Guest

    Default Set an alarm for a specific date?

    So I've recently upgraded from a BlackBerry Bold 9000 to a Galaxy S5 and am having difficulties with the default alarm clock. I've scoured the Play store and haven't been able to find an app that suits my needs. What I'm looking for is an app that I can set an alarm to a specific date and time. Say I schedule a dentist appointment months in advance and know I will be waking up earlier than normal on a specific day, how would I go about doing this? I understand I can set reminders for specific date and times, but these notifications are simply a single beep which isn't loud enough or long enough to wake me up.

    So I suppose my question is 1) is there an app to just set alarms for specific dates or 2) is there a way to make my reminder notifications act like an alarm instead (keeps playing until I turn it off).

    Thanks!
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Set an alarm for a specific date?

    All you have to do is go to clock... then look at the plus + sign and beside it is 3 vertical dots click that. Once there unclick the automatic mode and you will be able to set date and time of your alarms! Enjoy! Or set it on your calendar and set the reminders up.
    Last edited by USMC S5; 06-29-2014 at 07:16 PM. Reason: adding
  3. #3  
    Ben-Ben-Ben's Avatar

    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

    Default Re: Set an alarm for a specific date?

    Quote Originally Posted by USMC S5 View Post
    All you have to do is go to clock... then look at the plus + sign and beside it is 3 vertical dots click that. Once there unclick the automatic mode and you will be able to set date and time of your alarms! Enjoy! Or set it on your calendar and set the reminders up.
    Thanks for the reply. When I go to the Clock and click the 3 little dots, the only thing I have available is "Date and time settings". Clicking on this brings up a menu where I can uncheck "Automatic date and time". However, this doesn't allow me to set customer times or dates for alarm. All this appears to do is let me set the system clock to a custom time instead of the default one. Am I missing something?
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Set an alarm for a specific date?

    Schedule a text message to yourself. And have a long, loud notification. I do this all the time.
  5. #5  
    Ben-Ben-Ben's Avatar

    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

    Default Re: Set an alarm for a specific date?

    Quote Originally Posted by lions_lair View Post
    Schedule a text message to yourself. And have a long, loud notification. I do this all the time.
    I suppose that is an option as well, but I tend to put my phone on vibrate when I sleep so I'm not woken by calls or texts. Weird to me that the default Blackberry application was capable of me setting an alarm months in advance with no issue and it seems that doesn't exist on my Galaxy.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Set an alarm for a specific date?

    Well...I understand your frustration. My bb 8330 and my 8530 would let me set, not only individual ring tones, but you could set it to vibrate 1,2,3 times then ring. Or ring first. Or vibrate and ring at the same time. Or put a contact on vibrate. ..OR blink the led ..even a specific led color. Set individual ring volumes. I wish I could find sn app that would do that on mu s3.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Set an alarm for a specific date?

    Quote Originally Posted by lions_lair View Post
    Well...I understand your frustration. My bb 8330 and my 8530 would let me set, not only individual ring tones, but you could set it to vibrate 1,2,3 times then ring. Or ring first. Or vibrate and ring at the same time. Or put a contact on vibrate. ..OR blink the led ..even a specific led color. Set individual ring volumes. I wish I could find an app that would do that on my s3.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Set an alarm for a specific date?

    Well I was just trying to edit my post. ..sorry for the double post.
  9. #9  
    Ben-Ben-Ben's Avatar

    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

    Default Re: Set an alarm for a specific date?

    No worries. So far the only thing I've found (actually seems to work well thus far) is called "Digital Alarm Clock Free". Allows for me to pick a date in the future for my alarm. The only thing I miss is being able to view my schedule on the calendar app from the BB. I'm surprised more of the top alarm clocks don't have this functionality, I personally think it's a must-have feature.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Set an alarm for a specific date?

    Quote Originally Posted by AC Question View Post
    So I've recently upgraded from a BlackBerry Bold 9000 to a Galaxy S5 and am having difficulties with the default alarm clock. I've scoured the Play store and haven't been able to find an app that suits my needs. What I'm looking for is an app that I can set an alarm to a specific date and time. Say I schedule a dentist appointment months in advance and know I will be waking up earlier than normal on a specific day, how would I go about doing this? I understand I can set reminders for specific date and times, but these notifications are simply a single beep which isn't loud enough or long enough to wake me up.

    So I suppose my question is 1) is there an app to just set alarms for specific dates or 2) is there a way to make my reminder notifications act like an alarm instead (keeps playing until I turn it off).

    Thanks!
    Use a calendar instead of an alarm for these types of notifications. Or Google Now.
    Nokia Lumia 925 (T-Mobile Variant): Windows Phone 8.1 Preview for Developers
    LG Nexus 4 (16GB): Sailfish OS EA3
    Asus Nexus 7 (2012 WiFi 32GB): Factory Google KitKat 4.4.4 + francoKernel & Xposed
  11. #11  
    Ben-Ben-Ben's Avatar

    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

    Default Re: Set an alarm for a specific date?

    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    Use a calendar instead of an alarm for these types of notifications. Or Google Now.
    Yes but this isn't an alarm. This is a single notification. What I'm talking is something that rings like an alarm until I turn it off. I've tested the calendar and Google Now and they work fine, but if I'm not next to my phone when it goes off I just have to happen to check my phone to see the notification.

Similar Threads

  1. How to enable mass storage for S5 and Win 7 64
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-09-2014, 08:30 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-30-2014, 12:22 AM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-29-2014, 07:47 PM
  4. How do I Change how the music is set out on my Galaxy S4?
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-29-2014, 04:58 PM
  5. How to enable mass storage for S5 and Win 7 64
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-29-2014, 04:14 PM

Posting Permissions