LG G2 screen too dim - is it dead?
Just came home, after a 7 min cycle trough the rain, and when I took my phone out of my pocket, I realized that the screen is too dark/dim, making impossible to see anything. Is the screen dead? what should do to recover it?
- 07-08-2014, 06:54 PM #2
Re: LG G2 screen too dim - is it dead?
Welcome to Android Central, and sorry for the delay! Was the phone really wet? You could try drying it out by putting it in a ziploc bag full of uncooked rice, which acts as a desiccant. Leave it in there for at least 12 hours.
The other thing to consider is if the area over the ambient light sensor is dirty. If the sensor is blocked, and if you have automatic brightness turned on, then it may think you're in a dark area and will dim the screen accordingly. The sensor is usually near the front-facing camera--just wipe that whole area clean.
- By Tahoe-Runner in forum LG G2Replies: 13Last Post: 02-23-2016, 09:28 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 09-01-2014, 02:40 AM
- By preppystud in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)Replies: 4Last Post: 07-06-2014, 10:19 AM
- By AlwaysSmile in forum LG G3Replies: 12Last Post: 07-01-2014, 12:24 PM
- By James Manton in forum HTC One M7Replies: 1Last Post: 06-30-2014, 09:54 AM