- 1 Posts
Need to Root and Backup on KitKat, Need Help!
Hey everyone! So I recently installed KitKat (4.4.2) and I completely hate it. Many of my apps are no on working and I do not have permission to write on my SD card. The problem is I plan on rooting on my phone to get back the writing permissions on my sd card; however, many of the backup apps I'm using are no longer working as intended due to the sd card limits. And since rooting my phone is going to cause me to lose my data, what should I do? I have multiple apps that I still need the data from. Is there an app can still backup my content (apps, games(with data), sms, etc) and be able to restore it on KitKat? Please let me know! I'm using Samsung Galaxy S4 (SPH-L720)
- 10-17-2014, 12:05 AM #2
- 10-17-2014, 03:23 AM #3
Re: Need to Root and Backup on KitKat, Need Help!
Only the app that creates the folder can write to it in KitKat. Install Helium and back up apps + data (the default is data only) to the external SD card. (It'll be in the Carbon [old name of Helium] folder.) You'll have to download a file to the PC but the link to that file is in the app when you run it. (That's just to fake giving Helium permission. Once the phone is rooted, you don't need that file.
- By Stuart Parr in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab 10-inchReplies: 2Last Post: 01-15-2015, 10:08 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 10-17-2014, 10:44 AM
- By Sandy Llewellyn in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-26-2014, 10:46 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 07-09-2014, 09:20 PM
- By lekaelxi in forum HTC One M8Replies: 1Last Post: 06-30-2014, 05:03 PM