Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default driving mode! can't turn it off!!

It pops on all day long with the driving mode screen. turns on out of my car.. in my car.. and it won't stay disabled. PLEASE HELP.. so annoying...

Default Re: driving mode! can't turn it off!!

Which phone do you have? I have experienced that with a faulty USB port on a Galaxy S2. A loose wire in the port was causing it to randomly 'short out' some terminals, and apparently this made the phone think I was hooking it up to a car cradle. So, Driving Mode would become active on its own.

Quote Originally Posted by SpookDroid View Post
    Which phone do you have? I have experienced that with a faulty USB port on a Galaxy S2. A loose wire in the port was causing it to randomly 'short out' some terminals, and apparently this made the phone think I was hooking it up to a car cradle. So, Driving Mode would become active on its own.
    Sorry about that.. the S5. I've tried disabling it.. turning it off.. the whole thing, but it connects everytime i get in my car, and randomly sometimes throughout the day

Ummm...that's odd. Does it always turn on when you get in your car? If so, it does seem like it's 'aware' of the location.

But if it's just randomly popping up, I'd suggest you take it to a service center to check the USB port. Also try cleaning it with a soft brush (preferably with the phone OFF). Sometimes it's a loose cable/pin causing trouble, but it could also be a spec of dust that's causing the bridge.

yeah it's aware. i have nothing to hide, and enjoy updates around me so i have location on high. The odd thing is.. even after disabling the app, force stopping it, everything, it still pops back on in the car. i just want to turn the thing all the way off :/

The only things I can think of are the following:
    1) Any Automation services like Taskr or IFTTT set up on your phone? Maybe a 'car rule' is triggering the Driving mode.
    2) Again, faulty USB port triggering the car dock connection.
    3) A 3rd party app that uses Accessibility services is interfering. Some apps, like NoLED and LightFlow, sometimes interfere with Talkback services when they are active in Accesibility options.
    4) A ghost has attached to your phone and is really just out to annoy you. (I may be kidding on this one :P)

None of those apps. And it knows without me plugging in..... Hmm I'll look at other apps