Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung note 3?

I believe I purchased a Samsung note 3 through a third party. I'm believing it is a clone though. When I put my SIM card into this phone it shows a "no sim, sim error" Does anyone know of a way around this error so I won't believe I just gave away well earned money?

Default Re: Samsung note 3?

Does your SIM work in another phone? Does another SIM work in your phone?

Also, remember that Note 3's are 'region locked' out of the box. This means that to unlock the phone, you must first make a phone call with a SIM card from the region they're coming from. If you bought this from a 3rd party, and the phone comes from region A but your SIM card is from region B, then the phone would remain locked until a SIM card from Region A is used for one call.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

My sim works fine in my iPhone. I brought this supposed note 3 to AT&T to see if they could help...they told me my phone is not an original and most likely is a clone. So I'm looking for a way to get this thing to read my SIM card and be worth my money paid for it.

Here's a guide someone from the forums wrote on how to spot a fake/clone. Might come in handy and if you do determine that yours is a clone, well, I hope you have a way of contacting the seller and getting your money back. If it's not an original, it may be that the SIM card reader is just faulty.

For some reason I can't paste the link without this flagging it as spam ¬¬' So, you can look for the title on the Galaxy Note 3 forum: Here's how to spot a fake Note 3! (For those looking at online marketplaces or unofficial retailers)
    crysmarie likes this.