Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Three annoying issues with Kitkat 4.4.2 update - Galaxy S3

Since my Galaxy S3 updated to 4.4.2, I have found three annoying issues.
    1. Can no longer toggle Mobile Hotspot via widget. I was using Settings Extended, have tried Power Toggles and several others. It briefly starts to turn on, then turns back off. I have to open the App to turn it on.

2. GPS & Locations combined. Before, I could leave non-GPS locations on, so my Weather apps, Google searches, etc. would know where I am. Then I could easily toggle GPS on/off. Now, it's all or nothing, so I have to leave Locations on, then open up the settings and change to High Accuracy if I want to use GPS. Again, what used to be toggled now requires extra steps. What were they thinking?

3. Messenger box in lock screen. This used to be optional, now you get a box no matter what. You can turn off "preview" but this also turns it off in your Notifications bar. I ended up downloading a different messenging app and changing the default to that one instead.

If anyone knows a way around the first two issues, any apps that will toggle directly in 4.4.2, please let me know!!!

Default Re: Three annoying issues with Kitkat 4.4.2 update - Galaxy S3

Just wondering if your S3 subsequently got the 4.4.3 update, and if that fixed any of the issues?