Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default HTC Incredible is crashing and now won't turn on

I've had the phone for maybe 8 months and last week it started to crash a bit often, it'd just turn off for no reason. then it started doing it more and more frequently to the point where I couldn't turn it on at all without it crashing immediately. I've tried a factory reset twice but to no avail. But here's the kicker, when I plugged it into my computer it wouldn't crash at all.

Unfortunately now when I try to turn it on it only goes to the white "hTc Incredible" screen and will stay there until I turn it off. Scratch that, as I was typing it started to go to the black screen with the droid symbol where it says "droid" only it's continuously looping through the boot cycle.

It really couldn't have happened at a worse time because I have someone coming up from Phoenix.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Default Re: HTC Incredible is crashing and now won't turn on

Welcome to Android Central, and sorry for the delay! The Incredible is a pretty old phone, so it may just be a hardware failure. The only thing I can suggest is to try a new battery, since it could be the battery that's failing.