Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Device Manager Problems Galaxy S4

Hello;

Last night, I lost my Galaxy S4 (I-337 on latest OS and un-rooted) and locked it using Device Manager. Today, it was found again and I tried to unlock it but my cellphone said "Wrong Password". Because of this, I've changed it using device manager and it keeps saying "Wrong Password" or "Wrong PIN" (if I set the lock with numbers). So I can see the cell changes the lock codes but never accepts what I hit on the screen. Any sugestions?

Thanks in advance!
    Banned

Global Posts
    706 Global Posts

Default Re: Device Manager Problems Galaxy S4

Quote Originally Posted by AC Question View Post
    Hello;

Last night, I lost my Galaxy S4 (I-337 on latest OS and un-rooted) and locked it using Device Manager. Today, it was found again and I tried to unlock it but my cellphone said "Wrong Password". Because of this, I've changed it using device manager and it keeps saying "Wrong Password" or "Wrong PIN" (if I set the lock with numbers). So I can see the cell changes the lock codes but never accepts what I hit on the screen. Any sugestions?

Thanks in advance!
    Then do one thing again log yourself up over the gmail account (i.e. the account used in the device) over PC/Laptop. Go to the Android device manager then again unlock it from there ! All the steps are same in android device manager you just need to press the unlock that's it, your problem will get solved !!

Thanks for your reply but there's no unlock option. Just "Ring", "Lock" and "Erase"

Global Posts
    23,911 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimKat

Quote Originally Posted by wavehead2000 View Post
    Thanks for your reply but there's no unlock option. Just "Ring", "Lock" and "Erase"
    I know this isn't the greatest answer, but you can go here and at least call/chat with Google: https://support.google.com/nexus/answer/3388218?hl=en

Phone Timeline
    What could not be changed, must be endured - New Spring, by Robert Jordan
    Community Guidelines and also here, Developer Rules, and Marketplace
    Mobile Nations Sister Forums: iMore/Connectedly/Windows Central/Crackberry

What did you do to change your password with device manager if it kept saying wrong password? I'm having the same issue. Please help!