Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Device Manager Problems Galaxy S4

Hello;

Last night, I lost my Galaxy S4 (I-337 on latest OS and un-rooted) and locked it using Device Manager. Today, it was found again and I tried to unlock it but my cellphone said "Wrong Password". Because of this, I've changed it using device manager and it keeps saying "Wrong Password" or "Wrong PIN" (if I set the lock with numbers). So I can see the cell changes the lock codes but never accepts what I hit on the screen. Any sugestions?

Thanks in advance!
    Banned

Global Posts
    706 Global Posts

Default Re: Device Manager Problems Galaxy S4

Quote Originally Posted by AC Question View Post
    Hello;

Last night, I lost my Galaxy S4 (I-337 on latest OS and un-rooted) and locked it using Device Manager. Today, it was found again and I tried to unlock it but my cellphone said "Wrong Password". Because of this, I've changed it using device manager and it keeps saying "Wrong Password" or "Wrong PIN" (if I set the lock with numbers). So I can see the cell changes the lock codes but never accepts what I hit on the screen. Any sugestions?

Thanks in advance!
    Then do one thing again log yourself up over the gmail account (i.e. the account used in the device) over PC/Laptop. Go to the Android device manager then again unlock it from there ! All the steps are same in android device manager you just need to press the unlock that's it, your problem will get solved !!

Thanks for your reply but there's no unlock option. Just "Ring", "Lock" and "Erase"

Global Posts
    31,622 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by wavehead2000 View Post
    Thanks for your reply but there's no unlock option. Just "Ring", "Lock" and "Erase"
    I know this isn't the greatest answer, but you can go here and at least call/chat with Google: https://support.google.com/nexus/answer/3388218?hl=en

What did you do to change your password with device manager if it kept saying wrong password? I'm having the same issue. Please help!

I could not send the smilies from my s4 when I try to send it says mobile data is off