Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Sayed Farrag
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Galaxy Note 3 - youtube keep freezing with background still on

hi, I dunno but somehow my galaxy Note 3 youtube keep freezing every 20-30 seconds but the background sound still on. And after 5-7 mins the picture start to move again but the sound and the picture not match anymore. I tried to use AVG to scan for virus but no virus found..I tried to restart the phone but no help at all.
    Is there something wrong with it ?
    Banned

Global Posts
    706 Global Posts

Default Re: Galaxy Note 3 - youtube keep freezing with background still on

Quote Originally Posted by AC Question View Post
    hi, I dunno but somehow my galaxy Note 3 youtube keep freezing every 20-30 seconds but the background sound still on. And after 5-7 mins the picture start to move again but the sound and the picture not match anymore. I tried to use AVG to scan for virus but no virus found..I tried to restart the phone but no help at all.
    Is there something wrong with it ?
    Well, tell me one thing are you sure the your internet connection is working that much fast to give your flawless youtube video watching experience !! Why I am asking this is because sometimes the youtube video goes to the buffering state and then it will give a feel that.... Firstly be sure about your internet connection and then what you can do is try going to the application manager>tap over the youtube application> clear its cache and clear its data, wait a while and then again tried restarting the youtube application and play the video this time it should start working fine.

Global Posts
    20,988 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

The only other thing I can think of to contribute is to try clearing the cache in recovery. There may be a data conflict from a previous OS version that is interfering with the proper function of YouTube.

Try this: [Guide] Rebooting into Recovery Mode for the Galaxy S2, S3, and Tab2.
    Follow the instructions for the S3.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Or sometimes YouTube just acts up. I bet it's working just fine for you now.

Posted via Android Central App

well, I did clear the catch and data. And no matter if I use internet wifi (fast one) or my 4G lite, I still got that problem.. and If this is a connection problem then the video should just buffering but my youtube only freeze the picture and the sound still keep going >.<

Having same problem. Started July 3 2014

Having same issue. Cleated cache, uninstaled updates, still does it. Mine freezes at exactly 2 min 26 sec and audio keeps going. Tried on mobile and wife network. Galaxy s5

Whoops, only cleared the app cache. Clearing the cache in recovery mode fixed it for me

Same issue Galaxy GS5 fully updated. Tried Uninstaller the app, restarting the phone, reinstalling the app, restart, started the app. No luck. It's Samsung problem probably.

Default Re: Galaxy Note 3 - youtube keeps freezing with background sound still on

Mine started a few weeks ago too. I have done everything everyone is saying to do and nothing has worked so far.

I had the same issue last week on my Samsung galaxy s5. I got it fixed by doing the flowing:
    1.go to setting-backup and rest- uncheck (automatic restore)
    2. Uninstall YouTube app
    3. Restart your phone
    4.install YouTube app again.
    Hopefully it will work for you
    Last edited by Sayed Farrag; 09-15-2014 at 06:54 PM.
    Maladroit23 likes this.

I follow those steps sayed farrag said and work for me

had same problem, video freeze and audio plays on. found that reducing the video resolution by one step (from 720 to 480) solves it for me. further observation seems to indicate that the problem happens whenever the wireless speed drops to around 100 mb or below. when my wireless is up around 140mb, 720 resolution plays fine. there have been some recent updates to the youtube factory supplied app. Someone mentioned buffer overrun in another thread and I suspect some app resource limits have been changed in updates delivered in the recent past. when I force close the youtube app and then uninstall updates the videos play fine at 720 under almost all wireless speeds available. my experience indicates it is not the phone, it is the app. you can test it further by downloading another youtube player. you might see that the new app works fine on the same videos the factory youtube app cannot handle without video resolution adjustment.
    Last edited by BRIMST0NE; 09-18-2014 at 10:41 PM. Reason: gb mb...i get confused