I just purchased a Samsung Galaxy. I was getting some help converting from my HTC from a friend of my daughter. After he said he couldn't get all my files he said call my carrier. When I got to trying to navigate my phone I found an app called towelroot and that my phone had been rooted. After much research I realized I'm in over my head. I want my phone back to factory settings but I have no idea how to accomplish this.
    To say I'm p*$$ed is putting it mildly. Please help.
    07-01-2014 01:16 AM
    you could unroot it by reloading the known firmware from Samsung, do you have the exact model number?
    07-01-2014 01:58 AM
    I just purchased a Samsung Galaxy. I was getting some help converting from my HTC from a friend of my daughter. After he said he couldn't get all my files he said call my carrier. When I got to trying to navigate my phone I found an app called towelroot and that my phone had been rooted. After much research I realized I'm in over my head. I want my phone back to factory settings but I have no idea how to accomplish this.
    To say I'm p*$$ed is putting it mildly. Please help.
    Well, you are rooted now so I guess your warranty gets nullified !! Now, in order to get back to the stock ROM what you need to do is flashing the stock ROM over to your device ! It can be done by heading over to the sammobile/firmware section, get the stock ROM downloaded, next is to get the latest version of ODIN downloaded i.e. you can find it just by doing a little googling ! Once done, use the ODIN to flash the stock ROM over to your S5 ! Wait for the flashing process to completes. Wait a while until your device restarts and get itself ready ....... All done now you are back to the stock unrooted ROM.
    07-01-2014 02:13 AM