Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default Making Android on HP Slate 21 behave more like desktop experience.

The most annoying aspect of the HP Slate 21 for me is when I open a site in my browser (and I get the same problem in all the browsers I've tried!), where I want to use the mouse to click on a graphic item to resize for example all that happens is the whole screen moves around like it would if I'd touched that part of the screen with my finger. I suppose its due to the lack of scroll bars and that the OS is made primarily for touch but it is very annoying. I wish there was some way of making the experience a bit more, dare I say it 'Windows' like? Does anybody know of any ways around this problem?

Global Posts
    4,593 Global Posts
    ROM
    I'M RUNNING STOCK BABY!

Default Re: Making Android on HP Slate 21 behave more like desktop experience.

Quote Originally Posted by AC Question View Post
    The most annoying aspect of the HP Slate 21 for me is when I open a site in my browser (and I get the same problem in all the browsers I've tried!), where I want to use the mouse to click on a graphic item to resize for example all that happens is the whole screen moves around like it would if I'd touched that part of the screen with my finger. I suppose its due to the lack of scroll bars and that the OS is made primarily for touch but it is very annoying. I wish there was some way of making the experience a bit more, dare I say it 'Windows' like? Does anybody know of any ways around this problem?
    Hello.

So this happens on every browser? Do you visit the mobile site or the full site? I'm assuming it is the full site.

Sent from my One Xl using AC Forums mobile app

"In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." - Abraham Lincoln

I get the same problem in Chrome, Firefox and a couple of others I tried. It happens on mobile and desktop sites. The one I have a real problem with is a t-shirt cloud based site we use. We try to decorate the shirts and upload images on to them which then need to be resized or rotated etc. When I try and click the nodes on the corners of the image and enlarge etc all that happens is the whole screen moves with the as I try and drag the nodes.. Obviously on a different OS the screen stays put but it is as though the Android OS takes the mouse click as a touch like on a tablet rather than a desktop.

Global Posts
    4,593 Global Posts
    ROM
    I'M RUNNING STOCK BABY!

Try Puffin Browser to see if it happens there too:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...osa.puffinFree

"In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." - Abraham Lincoln

Just installed Puffin browser and it's just the same as before. It seems there is a real limitation in the usability of Android as a desktop operating system :-/

Global Posts
    4,593 Global Posts
    ROM
    I'M RUNNING STOCK BABY!

Quote Originally Posted by AndyMotifs View Post
    Just installed Puffin browser and it's just the same as before. It seems there is a real limitation in the usability of Android as a desktop operating system :-/
    Yep. If it can be fixed with a browser, then it's probably the OS itself. I'll look into solutions for you.

thank you. that would be great.

any ideas how to stop this happening.......anybody?

Global Posts
    4,593 Global Posts
    ROM
    I'M RUNNING STOCK BABY!

Quote Originally Posted by AndyMotifs View Post
    any ideas how to stop this happening.......anybody?
    I'm not sure you can do anything about it. I was thinking maybe you could root it and look into this:
    http://linuxonandroid.org

It will let you run Ubuntu on top of Android, but I haven't found a root exploit yet.

Lightbulb Re: Making Android on HP Slate 21 behave more like desktop experience.

i use Firefox and installed an add-on that always requests the desktop site.
    FireFox on Android can use add-ons. https://addons.mozilla.org/bn-BD/and...p-mode-add-on/