Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default invalid battery

i have a LG phone. i charged it and it says invalid battery then shuts my phone down. i tried different battery and different charger. i took it back where i got it, they say its the phone. is there a way i can fix it? how can i get the invalid battery message off my phone. i dont have the money to buy a new one again..

Default Re: invalid battery

If the phone is faulty the seller ought to fix or replace it, or refund you.

Posted via Android Central App

Someone mentioned clearing the cache with a certain program, I think clock mod. This program requires a rooted phone. I, however, don't want to root my phone. I've gotten my LG G3 to accept my after market battery by leaving the phone without a battery in it for about an hour or overnight. I put it back in and it takes it. If you turn off your phone or restart it you may get the "invalid battery" message again. It will charge while its on. It won't charge while its off.

I use this battery at the beginning of the day. If for some reason, something happens, I simply switch the battery out for another battery that the phone always accepts like the OEM one. The replaceable battery is one reason I bought the LG G3 phone. I have two Trendon aftermarket batteries and only one of them gives me the invalid battery message.

Hope this helps someone!
    Thanked by:

16,151 Posts
    Global Posts
    16,153 Global Posts
    Modified Stock 4.4.2

Clearing the cache doesn't require an app. Settings/General/Storage/Cache. Wait for Cache to finish calculating before pressing it. Press it and you'll be given the choice of clearing the cache or canceling. Why anyone would write an app to clear cache is beyond me (unless it's to extract money from noobs). You could always clear cache from recovery if you wanted to bother restarting twice.

I had same problem with new PowerBattery (3800mAh). I took off battery 12 hours and after that probem was gone!

has the LG Lucid and it says invalid battery and I can't get to any screen with better shooting off first how do I fix it I can't get to the settings the phone said something before I have a chance to do anything

Factory reset fix my invalid battery problem.

Remove battery and put it back.

Hold power and volume up at the same time. Quick release and hold back the power button when LG logo appear.
    This should go to LG factory reset. Then answer yes on both question.