As of today I am able to buy a new phone. It has come down to the Nexus 5 and the One M8. Though I'm not entirely sure which one I should get. I've been looking at the Harman/Kardon edition of the M8 since I'm on sprint and the features are extremely gimmicky to me. But the headphones that come with it are a big selling point to me and I like that it is black. But I'm not sure how I feel about the accents. I like the nexus 5 because of vanilla android but it's already older than 6 months which is nearing pretty old for a phone, and google didn't announce a new nexus device at Google I/O.

So what do you guys think I should do?
    07-01-2014 11:02 AM
    Welcome to Android Central, and sorry for the delay! Although the Nexus 5 is somewhat old, it is still an excellent device, with hardware that will take a while to become obsolete. The huge advantage is obviously the quick updates from Google--rest assured that it will be one of the first (if not the first) devices to get Android L. But there are lots of other great things about it--the screen, the camera, the smoothness. The two main drawbacks are a very mediocre battery (so don't get it if you want a workhorse) and a weak external speaker. If you're really into media consumption, you're probably better off with the M8!
    07-08-2014 05:27 PM