Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Unhappy Galaxy s3 not synching email after 4.4.2 update....

Updated yesterday with 4.4.2 - since then no sync has taken place (using stock email app that came with the phone). Checked and rechecked settings - all okay. Auto-sync from "Data Usage" main menu is on. Sync setting set at every 15 minutes, with roaming on manual. No sync schedule set up. 200 KB size restriction on messages, although I also tried no restrictions at all and nothing worked. Messages to retrieve set to 25, but also tried all other settings in between...nothing worked. The new messages are still on my email server ready to be downloaded, but nothing happens. When I hit refresh from the inbox menu on my phone, the little "wheel-thing" goes around a second or two, but nothing happens, and the "last updated" time at the top is the one from yesterday right before the update. (the update said it was installed successfully). After I updated yesterday, it kept re-loading old messages still on my server. Finally it loaded the most recent couple from right before the update, and nothing has happened since. Help!!

Default Re: Galaxy s3 not synching email after 4.4.2 update....

Having the same issue. Tried everything, nothing works.

Same issue here. I have rebooted and checked all settings. This is a critical need for me!

Smile Re: Galaxy s3 not synching email after 4.4.2 update....

Okay so after spending two days trying to fix this, I finally gave up trying to sync my email.

Found another email app called "aqua mail" (free) in google play. Installed it on the phone with no problems this morning. Set it up to not delete messages from server upon downloading (very important - just in case it didn't work), and it worked like a charm. I got all my "missed" messages, and even though I now have the messages from the last three days split between two email apps, it's fine for now, until there's a more permanent fix.

By the way, when I called Verizon prior to giving up, I was told to do a couple of things to try to fix the problem: told to force a stop on the email app (email app wasn't listed as running, so I couldn't stop it); told to take out battery (what??), but I did it, because apparently it may help with the battery drain issue (apparently another 4.4.2 "gift"); told to do reset, clear data, clear cache...this one was scary because I really didn't want risking losing all my data, so I didn't do it...apparently, that's a real possibility (or certainty?) - not sure, but not worth the gamble.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Carla View Post
    Okay so after spending two days trying to fix this, I finally gave up trying to sync my email.

Found another email app called "aqua mail" (free) in google play. Installed it on the phone with no problems this morning. Set it up to not delete messages from server upon downloading (very important - just in case it didn't work), and it worked like a charm. I got all my "missed" messages, and even though I now have the messages from the last three days split between two email apps, it's fine for now, until there's a more permanent fix.

By the way, when I called Verizon prior to giving up, I was told to do a couple of things to try to fix the problem: told to force a stop on the email app (email app wasn't listed as running, so I couldn't stop it); told to take out battery (what??), but I did it, because apparently it may help with the battery drain issue (apparently another 4.4.2 "gift"); told to do reset, clear data, clear cache...this one was scary because I really didn't want risking losing all my data, so I didn't do it...apparently, that's a real possibility (or certainty?) - not sure, but not worth the gamble.
    I tried installing the Aqua Mail app and received the exact ERR error code that I am getting with the normal email app.