Helium backup app error

A

Anonymous

So I connected my phone (HTC Sensation xl) to the PC and I pick the apps I wanted to backup. When I press 'backup' it gives me this message..

"An error occured when performing your app backup. A log of the error has been sent to ClockworkMod".

I tried backing up on the internal storage and then Dropbox. None worked but I think it goes the same for anywhere else.

I want to restore my game progress onto my new Samsung galaxy s4 and Helium was suggested many times.

I also prefer no alternatives that involve rooting your phone.

zhukr

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
I too get exactly the same error message no matter the backup destination.

Intend to try rooting down the track, but at least one of my devices I want to keep unrooted...wish I knew the fix for this.

SweetSaudade

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
I HAVE HAD THIS ERROR ABOUT 700 TIMES OVER THE LAST FEW DAYS!!

Finally figured it out... after your device is recognized by the pc, UN-FREAKING-PLUG IT from your computer. THEN do the backup!

I swear the language coming out of my mouth just now would have made a sailor blush. WHY could this not be written in any of the FEW pieces of instruction I could find online???? I almost want to hit something right now!

breakka

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
been getting the same message on all the backup locations. unplugging it didn't work. anyone know of another way to back up app data without a rooted phone? i plan on rooting my htc one x+ but i am not doing it till i know i can get all my data back.

blaze80

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site

Finally figured it out... after your device is recognized by the pc, UN-FREAKING-PLUG IT from your computer. THEN do the backup!

I swear the language coming out of my mouth just now would have made a sailor blush. WHY could this not be written in any of the FEW pieces of instruction I could find online???? I almost want to hit something right now!

Hey, had to register here just to say a HUGE thanks to you, really saved my day after was wasting hours trying to find a solution and brain cells banging the head against the wall for not having a double backup before wiping everything on the phone.

Really, thank you.

cnj125

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site

Would you please tell me more how to UN-FREAKING-PLUG IT? It means soft removing in windows?
Thanks a lot.

WildSnake

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
Yes, it works also for me!! When heluim permission is received, just unplug the USB cable from device and plug it into the device again. Then you can perform the backup, but also only one time. After this you recive again the error and you have to do the same again (dettach and re-attach). Really crazy, wtf :) Thanks a lot for the help, SweetSaudade!!!!!! :D

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Would you please tell me more how to UN-FREAKING-PLUG IT? It means soft removing in windows?
Thanks a lot.
Only if you've written from the computer to the phone. Otherwise you just unplug the cable. ("Safe removal" ensures that if the computer hasn't finished writing to the device, it'll finish now and let you know it's safe to remove the device. If you haven't written anything to the device - as in this case - that doesn't matter.)

Ritu Kanta

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site

A big THANKS to you. This trick realy works. I had registered on this site just to say thanku and let other people know it realy works. JUst unplug and replug and do ur work with the app

DarkD3stroy3r

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
Help me! I've tried doing all of the above but when it performs the backup, it doesn't do anything :(

EDIT: Never mind I somehow managed to make it work.

Problem no.2: I can't connect to the desktop version of Helium. Any ideas why? I have all the drivers required and a Sony M2 Aqua.

Last edited:

gabby98

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site

Yes, it works also for me!! When heluim permission is received, just unplug the USB cable from device and plug it into the device again. Then you can perform the backup, but also only one time. After this you recive again the error and you have to do the same again (dettach and re-attach). Really crazy, wtf :) Thanks a lot for the help, SweetSaudade!!!!!! :D

Only if you've written from the computer to the phone. Otherwise you just unplug the cable. ("Safe removal" ensures that if the computer hasn't finished writing to the device, it'll finish now and let you know it's safe to remove the device. If you haven't written anything to the device - as in this case - that doesn't matter.)

OMG THANK you soo much!!! I was about about to give up on my mother's phone. I have plugged and unplugged that thing so so many times, never would've thought it would be something so odd.

Again thank you ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤

BuckNaked78

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
Let me understand this correctly. I've gotten the Software installed on my home pc, installed the app on a Droid Razr Maxx. Both sides are completed and no errors when they matched. I unplug the USB from the Droid and try a back up, Nope Error.

So, What you all are saying is that I should have the Droid connected to the PC when I backup? How can I backup to the device when the USB is connected making the SD Card (Internal / External) mounted to the PC? Is there something I am missing on this? I will have a go at the suggestion above, but I have a rather odd issue with this. See below.

I have two Droid Razr Maxxs, both have the software installed and both are Rooted (I forget the method at the moment as I am not with the phones at the moment, I have my new phone an S6). Phone A works fine, no issues, I have been able to backup and restore without any issues and do not have it connected to a PC when I do the back up. I transfer the backup to zip then over Bluetooth. However, Phone B is the one with the issue. I installed it the same way Phone A was installed, I go and do the backup for Phone B, backup the same apps (wifes phone, same games), but I get the error as mentioned above. I've uninstalled and reinstalled it, cleared the Root permissions for and still I get errors. I have tried connecting to the PC but it never works.

Any thoughts?

vycho

Aug 26, 2015
Visit site
Thanks a lot! Uplugging a replugging worked for me too.

But I have another issue to resolve. Now I finally managed to get my backup data to dropbox and am trying to download and install them to my brand new Huawei G620S (Android 4.4.4) but the Helium wouldnt authorize! It says it needs to use PTP fransfer, not MTP, but I do not have this option in my USB menu - only MTP or charging. So I am stuck again...

Does anybody know how to make my Huawei communicate with Helium on the PC?

antiglue

Jan 17, 2016
Visit site

>> This. Life saver. Who'da thunk it. Wish I could send you cookies right now.

zuben el genubi

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I don't sync with Google and I'd prefer not to. I have 4 apps that have been updated and I don't want the updated version which is probably what I'd get.
Green Mountain Digital has put out the Audubon Guides and did a very nice job at first. Now they want everyone to socialize, do this, do that, etc.and you are automatically enrolled in chat groups. Almost as bad as some live Audubon groups. (I've been a member) GMD is also the maker of Keurig. Remember DRM in brew cups?

In any case, I'd prefer what I have. I also had to buy apps TWICE! Google refused to allow 3 of the guides on the Oppo. Said the phone wasn't compatible. I repurchased from Amazon when on sale for 99 cents. Now Google has the updates. I'd just like to keep the versions I have.

I try to purchase all my apps, and most are in Play and most could be downloaded again. Except the Audubon Guides.

Thanks

I do have Helium, and wouldn't mind purchasing the pro version or another program that would transfer these apps as they sit with NO update.

I've been reading this, and will buy Pro. I'm getting the Moto X Pure for US frequencies.
One question about Pro -
Why can't you back up to your PC?
I do have Dropbox and I can drag the files to the PC until wanted, but that seems like an extra step.
I'm not a fan of the cloud.

I have the free version and it is set to the Find 7, so upgrading to Pro shouldn't be a problem since the connection is still there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress