Bricked, stuck on TWRP

A

AC Question

So a friend of mine tried to install cyanogenmod on my phone. I'm guessing he messed up bad because here I am.

I've tried Odin several times and have gotten results like <ID:0/003> Complete(Write) operation failed sometimes and others another time. I've tried several different versions of Odin, different MD5 files. plugged in my usb to new ports, made sure my drivers were up to date, installed Kies, uninstalled Kies, tried a new cable. No dice, always comes up to failed.

Worst part is I'm not familiar with any of this so I'm in a bad situation, if somebody could explain what to do in a very clear manor, I would be very grateful.

PS. My phone is Samsung Galaxy III AT&T sgh-i747

Dustin Dodson

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
same user here, tried it again

<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/003> Initialzation..
<ID:0/003> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/003> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/003> aboot.mbn
<ID:0/003> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/003>
<ID:0/003> Complete(Write) operation failed.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to AC
I have seen a few cases where it didn't work because they didn't run Odin as administrator. Have you tried it that way?

If that doesn't work, are you at least able to flash the stock ROM?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SOKP 4.4.2

Dustin Dodson

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
No dice.

When I turn on my phone it goes to the samsung logo and then the S3 logo, and just recently has stopped going to twrp and is just sitting there on the s3 logo.

and of course I can get to my download screen.

----

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Windows requires a digitally signed driver:*In 64-bit versions of Windows 8, you won't even see the above two messages because Windows 8 won't let you install a driver that has a digital signature issue. If you see this message, end the driver update process and locate the correct driver from the hardware maker's website.

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/windows-8/a/update-drivers-windows-8.htm

I am curious if this is part of the issue. Sorry, it took me a while to track down what I was looking for.

Signed, a Nexus 5, AC forums app, and Android L.

Dustin Dodson

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Same result as before, this time I used a windows 7 laptop.

For more information and maybe a clearer picture, my download screen reads:

ODIN MODE
PRODUCT NAME: SGH-I747
Current Binary: Custom
System Status: Custom
QUALCOMM SECURE BOOT: ENABLE
Warranty Bit: 1
BOOTLOADER AP SWREV: 3
SW REV CHECK FAIL: Fused 3 > Binary 0

I'm using Odin 3.09 and this MD5: Firmwares | SamMobile | Page 3

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Just did Odin 1.85 and 3.04. Nope. :(

I am going to be honest, I am not sure what to suggest. If you are still able to access TWRP, I would find a ROM file for your phone and model with proper Gapps and place in an SD card so you can flash that just so you can get up and running.

I am suggesting the above because part of the OS may have been compromised by the bad flash of Cyanogen.

For how to do that: after the download, copy it to an SD card, and in TWRP, click install, click the ROM swipe to flash. Then, click the home button, click install, click the Gapps, swipe to flash.
After that, you want to click home and then Wipe. This is a factory reset. Swipe to confirm. After that, click reboot, then system.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome