Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Can't "Navigate Home" or "Navigate to Work." Is this the reason why?

I'm running KitKat on my Galaxy S4 from Verizon.

For the past month or so, whenever I try doing this with Google Now I get a Google search rather than Google Maps loading up the way to home or work. I can, "Navigate to [contact]," just not home or work. I used to be able to navigate to these places by just using my voice through Google Now. All of a sudden it just seemed to stop working, and I have no clue why. I'm afraid it might be something with my account rather than my phone.

I've tried clearing caches, removing home and work on Google Maps (desktop and mobile) and then re-adding them, but nothing works. All of the remedies I've read about, I've tried. Nothing.

Then I wondered if this (see screenshot) is the reason. Is Google Maps supposed to show up here in this list (Google Now > Settings > Phone Search)? If so, how would I get it there?

Can't "Navigate Home" or "Navigate to Work."  Is this the reason why?-ojdmzny.jpg
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Can't "Navigate Home" or "Navigate to Work." Is this the reason why?

I updated the Google app, but still nothing.

Default Re: Can't "Navigate Home" or "Navigate to Work." Is this the reason why?

Guys I've found a fix for "navigate to home/work". I just started having this problem today, and signing out of Google Now and signing back in will do the trick. Go to Settings - - > Account & privacy then click on Google Account then sign out.
    Hope it helps because it did for me.
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

No dice for me. Thanks though.

Quote Originally Posted by SquaredCircle View Post
    No dice for me. Thanks though.
    Did you log back in after you log out? Basically Google Search goes into this limbo mode sometimes where it is neither log in or log out.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by XxNessxX View Post
    Did you log back in after you log out? Basically Google Search goes into this limbo mode sometimes where it is neither log in or log out.
    Sure did. Still nothing though.

Sure did. Still nothing though.
    Man, that sure is weird... Hmm.. I am not sure then.

Global Posts
    23,051 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimKat

Try resetting app preferences. Settings>Apps>>menu>reset app preferences. This sometimes helps with some Google issues.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here, Developer Rules, and Marketplace
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Try resetting app preferences. Settings>Apps>>menu>reset app preferences. This sometimes helps with some Google issues.

Thanks for the idea, but still no change.

Global Posts
    23,051 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimKat

Thanks for the idea, but still no change.
    I am out of ideas, too. Sorry.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here, Developer Rules, and Marketplace