Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default I dipped my galaxy s3 in the pool...

I know it sounds stupid, but i dipped my phone in the pool trying to take a selfie... So only half the screen; including the charger part; touched the water, i told my aunt and she talked about the rice concept.. i had my phone in rice for about 50+ hours.. and it still doesn't work. when i cut on the phone, the blue light at the top flashed as usual, but nothing on the screen didnt come on, so i looked up videos on what to do, and i took the phone apart piece by piece like required in the video and its doing the same thing, my screen isnt coming on but i hear notifications/texts when they come. and another thing is i can use my flash light on my phone and play music because i know where its at.. so my touch screen works but the screen doesn't...... what should i do......

Default Re: I dipped my galaxy s3 in the pool...

If you have a fan put it in front of it for another 10 hours and see if it works. Make sure that the phone is directly in front of the fan, and make sure that the fan is on high. You don't want to keep turning it on and off when its not completely dry. Ive I've done this at least twice for mobile devices. Oh dont forget to remove the battery.

Global Posts
    3,773 Global Posts
    ROM
    WDGI EX Rom v1.0

Default Re: I dipped my galaxy s3 in the pool...

Quote Originally Posted by AC Question View Post
    I know it sounds stupid, but i dipped my phone in the pool trying to take a selfie... So only half the screen; including the charger part; touched the water, i told my aunt and she talked about the rice concept.. i had my phone in rice for about 50+ hours.. and it still doesn't work. when i cut on the phone, the blue light at the top flashed as usual, but nothing on the screen didnt come on, so i looked up videos on what to do, and i took the phone apart piece by piece like required in the video and its doing the same thing, my screen isnt coming on but i hear notifications/texts when they come. and another thing is i can use my flash light on my phone and play music because i know where its at.. so my touch screen works but the screen doesn't...... what should i do......
    Hello.

It seems you might need to get a screen replacement.
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

ADB Console by wizzrah. Check it out!: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sof...e-wizzrah.html