Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Mobile data turns on by itself, mainly at night. Is that Lookout Mobile's doing or have I

been hacked?

Hi everyone. I have a Galaxy Note 3 on Tmobile. Every night I use Tasker to turn off Sync, Mobile Data, ringer, and Wifi to (mostly to conserve my battery). I've never had a problem until recently when I noticed that after running my "Night Off" task with Tasker, the 4G LTE symbol would come back on. I ignored it the first couple times, but one night I became concerned and turned it back off, and it once again came back on. So I turned it off yet again and that time it didn't come back on--at least, not when I was looking.

It almost seems as though someone was watching me somehow and decided to be more discreet, because now the mobile data only turns itself on in the middle of the night (just looked at my Usage details on Tmobile's bill) and turns back off before I wake up. A few times it hasn't turned back off in time and I wake up to an active mobile data connection. Sometimes there are data transfers of 60+ MB at 4am. My data usage used to hover around .5 to 1GB data /month, but now it's always over 2GB. I've uninstalled all of the newer apps on my phone and looked through all the app permissions. Could this be due to Lookout Mobile (premium)? Is it more Tmobile shadyness? Or am I being hacked? Thanks for any advice!

Default Re: Mobile data turns on by itself, mainly at night. Is that Lookout Mobile's doing or have I

Not sure what it is but sounds like you some gremlins in the phone. Do you have any automatic updates set for any of your apps?

Lots of talk today about some shady goings on with T-Mobile.

Keep us updated.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AC Forums mobile app

Default Re: Mobile data turns on by itself, mainly at night. Is that Lookout Mobile's doing or have I

Did you ever find out what caused the problem?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AC Forums mobile app