Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Question Factory Reset with Missing Factory Apps for Galaxy S2 SPH-D710

I have not rooted or upgraded Android. I started having memory problems recently.

I found a thread, which described my situation perfectly. The consensus solution in that thread was: "A simple way to free up storage space is by deleting all the log files in the device memory. Just dial *#9900# on your phone and select option 2 “Delete dumpstate/logcat” in the prompted menu. It's not necessary to root your phone either. I restored 1.4 gig of space after doing this."

Nothing happens when I do that. So I decided I needed to do a factory reset, but first thought I'd do a back up (I've never done that before). So I saw ways to factory reset through Kies Air and Samsung Link. Tried both from my PC, but apparently I don't have some essential Samsung apps that were initially installed on my phone. I must have hastily deleted them when I was trying to free some memory. How to I backup and reset without those apps/drivers I apparently deleted. I have no idea what I deleted.

This is my first smartphone so I'd describe me as a beginner. I have been Googling for days, now I'm frustrated. I would very much appreciate some help.

Default Re: Factory Reset with Missing Factory Apps for Galaxy S2 SPH-D710

You can visit Samsung's website and it should allow you to download whatever you maybe missing in terms of the Samsung apps.

SAMSUNG

Thanks, Paul, but I've been there and come back empty handed after many hours. I'm not even sure what I'm missing. I can't find a list anywhere of all that should have been installed on my phone when I received it. (btw: I am the poster. Apparently, I wasn't logged in when I posted this).

Global Posts
    31,598 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by skippydoodling View Post
    Thanks, Paul, but I've been there and come back empty handed after many hours. I'm not even sure what I'm missing. I can't find a list anywhere of all that should have been installed on my phone when I received it. (btw: I am the poster. Apparently, I wasn't logged in when I posted this).
    Depending on the app, Samsing/Sprint may have deleted them after an update. The thing is, the Samsung apps are bundled with the ROM and become system apps. As far as I know, it isn't that easy to delete them.

To rephrase: Your first ROM has App X, after a couple updates, App X got removed, and after the reset is when you noticed.

I guess a good question is, do you really need them? There may be ways to get them back, but for a beginner, it can be a lot of hassle and may not be worth the time if they are apps you don't use.