galaxy s insurance replacement?

twerks

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
hello

My galaxy s 19000 was stolen, I had no tracking app installed and i also had aeroplane mode on so i cannot call it either. I cancelled the sim and have a crime number.

Does anyone know which model i should get a quote on for a replacement?

thanks for your help. : )

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
hello

My galaxy s 19000 was stolen, I had no tracking app installed and i also had aeroplane mode on so i cannot call it either. I cancelled the sim and have a crime number.

Does anyone know which model i should get a quote on for a replacement?

thanks for your help. : )

Hello.

Did you try Android Device Manager? It might not work since you said it was in airplane mode. Usually the warranty will replace your phone with the same model, or one of equal or lesser value. Where did you get your phone from?

Sent from my One Xl using AC Forums mobile app

twerks

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Hello.

Did you try Android Device Manager? It might not work since you said it was in airplane mode. Usually the warranty will replace your phone with the same model, or one of equal or lesser value. Where did you get your phone from?

hello thank you for your reply , i have not tried device manager or tried tracking my phone as i did not set up any feature like that when i had the phone, i shall have a google on device manager to see what it is about. The phone was a gift , so I am unsure of the original (rrp)recommended retail price. I only have the original box.

update.
device manager " the phone must be connected to the Internet to benefit from it. " I never used the internet on my phone, except on my local wifi in my house. I always had wifi turned off out of the house and I was pay as you go.The sim is also cancelled.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
hello thank you for your reply , i have not tried device manager or tried tracking my phone as i did not set up any feature like that when i had the phone, i shall have a google on device manager to see what it is about. The phone was a gift , so I am unsure of the original (rrp)recommended retail price. I only have the original box.

update.
device manager " the phone must be connected to the Internet to benefit from it. " I never used the internet on my phone, except on my local wifi in my house. I always had wifi turned off out of the house and I was pay as you go.The sim is also cancelled.

You just have to enter your email for Android Device Manager. When did you get this phone? Last year? This year?

twerks

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
You just have to enter your email for Android Device Manager. When did you get this phone? Last year? This year?

hi. i logged into device manager with the email i used for googleplay but it says "

Location unavailable
Last online May 19, 2014"
it knew it was an s 19000 , so that was good.

i have sent a setup notification but that is all i can do it seems. other than ring it for 5 mins. ; / it seems a little bit of work needs to be done on the phone to confirm the setup.

Maybe they will dismantle it for parts. they have gotta be a bit daft to steal a phone knowing it could be tracked .

i wonder what happens if they input the wrong access code to many times, does the phone lock out? or can they remove the battery and have another 3 attempts?

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
hi. i logged into device manager with the email i used for googleplay but it says "

Location unavailable
Last online May 19, 2014"
it knew it was an s 19000 , so that was good.

i have sent a setup notification but that is all i can do it seems. other than ring it for 5 mins. ; /

maybe they will dismantle it for parts. they gotta be a bit daft to steal a phone knowing it could be tracked .

i wonder what happens if they input the wrong access code to many times, does the phone lock out? or can they remove the battery and have another 3 attempts?

I think it does lock eventually. Make sure you change your gmail password if the account was on your phone. Better be cautious and do it for your own safety.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad