Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Computer does not recognize Nexus 5 after Android L install

I took the dive. After a week of testpiloting the new Android L developer preview, I certainly miss the functionality of my old OS. So I've decided to downgrade back as usual, except this time windows (7) is not recognizing my phone. When I connect it, it charges the phone but the computer does not recognize it. It is NOT in devmgmt and I have installed universal LG drivers, other generic drivers - and of course still have the abd and google drivers installed. Not sure what to do? Can't downgrade if I can't connect to the computer.

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Computer does not recognize Nexus 5 after Android L install

check under settings/storage/usb connection to see if its turned on. If so, change the setting to Camera PTP then back to MTP to see if that helps.

Did you find an answer??? Same has happened to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Logan1 View Post
    I took the dive. After a week of testpiloting the new Android L developer preview, I certainly miss the functionality of my old OS. So I've decided to downgrade back as usual, except this time windows (7) is not recognizing my phone. When I connect it, it charges the phone but the computer does not recognize it. It is NOT in devmgmt and I have installed universal LG drivers, other generic drivers - and of course still have the abd and google drivers installed. Not sure what to do? Can't downgrade if I can't connect to the computer.

Posted via Android Central App
    Did you find an answer??? Same has happened to me.