How do I add words to the dictionary on Samsung Galaxy S5?

A

AC Question

When I speak my granddaughters name in a text in my new Galaxy S5 it spells it Peyton. Her spelling is Payton! How can I change the default spelling to recognize my granddaughters spelling instead? I've also noticed a few other words that I use have the alternate spellings as standard for the S5. Is there a fix or way to change this without having to "type" the correct spellings each time? I use speech because my fingers are very large and I have a hard time with the small screen keyboards.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You could try going to Settings>Language & Input, and tap on the Personal Dictionary option. See if you can find "Peyton" there, and change it to "Payton."

Unfortunately, it might be difficult to get it to recognize the different spelling, since I'm sure "Peyton Manning" (the Denver Broncos quarterback) is a very popular search term in Google.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry--I just now looked through the settings of a Galaxy Tab S, and saw that there is no Personal Dictionary option. It's available for the Nexus 5, but apparently not for Samsung devices. Unless it's part of Google Keyboard--you could see what happens if you install Google Keyboard from Google Play.