Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Gs4 charging issue

About last week I was testing my now returned life proud nuud case for my gs4. My phone ended up taking a little water damage and the indicator on the battery and battery area was pink so I now water got in there. A week later my phone is fine except for that my phone doesn't always begin to charge on the first try and sometimes I have to reboot my phone to get it to charge. Also my mac book pro no longer recognizes it when I plug it into it. Do I just need a new battery or Is there a bigger issue?

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Gs4 charging issue

I think the issue is with the USB port. I've had experienced this with an S2 before after dipping it in the sea after forgetting to take it out of my pocket :S

In the end, a quick, cheap USB port replacement and it was good to go. You could try to clean the port with a soft brush while the phone is off, too.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

How would I go about cleaning it?

Any soft brush will do. If you have the tiny brush that usually comes with an electric razor or hair trimmer, that's better, but if not, a simple tooth brush will do, just make sure it's not extra hard, it's completely dry and has no toothpaste buildup.

Just brush the USB port to try and get out any particles that might be lodged inside.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Ok thanks hopefully that or a new battery will fix it