GALAXY S4: Where is the hex/imei number?

A

AC Question

Where is the hex/imei number? I have tried the *#06# and get a number which is the same number as on the box plus " /12 " i have tried it but still can't get it to pass. I have also tried it with and without the slash. Can anyone help me?

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: GALAXY S4

Where is the hex/imei number? I have tried the *#06# and get a number which is the same number as on the box plus " /12 " i have tried it but still can't get it to pass. I have also tried it with and without the slash. Can anyone help me?

What are you trying to do with the IMEI number? when you press *#06# this will display the IMEI number

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The IMEI number you're seeing is in decimal notation. If you need it in hex to register the phone, take the battery out and there should be a label under the battery with 2 of the items reading DEC: and HEX: That's the same number in different notations - and it's the IMEI number.

(The FCC number is NOT the IMEI number, which is different for each handset, which the FCC number isn't. The FCC number is the number the FCC assigned to that model number phone.)

Krazy Bingo Lady

Sep 7, 2015
Visit site
The IMEI number you're seeing is in decimal notation. If you need it in hex to register the phone, take the battery out and there should be a label under the battery with 2 of the items reading DEC: and HEX: That's the same number in different notations - and it's the IMEI number.

(The FCC number is NOT the IMEI number, which is different for each handset, which the FCC number isn't. The FCC number is the number the FCC assigned to that model number phone.)

Its the FCC number! Took me FOREVER to figure it out...not to mention how long it took to find a magnifying glass powerful enough to be able to read it. Attn: Samsung...need to fix this one.

Neither of these worked....I tried to contact Samsung and that was painfully hopeless. So for now I will just give up, until something that works comes up, I got bigger fish to fry. :(

Moonwink

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
I've recently purchased a Galaxy S7 on eBay and I have the same question - How can I retrieve the requested information in order to register the phone with Samsung?

"Please use the HEX/MEI Number found on the actual product, not the box."

As far as I know, there is no way for me to open the phone to get at the battery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae