Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

211 Posts
    Global Posts
    276 Global Posts

Default Google Maps, My maps from android phone?

OK just for the record I have a samsung S5 on verizon and I am trying to make a custom map ahead of a trip. I gave up on doing it via the phone (which I will be using as gps) and made one on a desktop. The problem is every time I share or export the map it resorts back to the bad version. I have now created a custom map that I can access thru google maps via a desktop. Why is there not a setting in the mobile maps app to select my maps. I understand it would be difficult to drag directions on a mobile phone, which is why I am doing it on the desktop. I have tried to use my chrome browser to log into google maps that way but so far I am having trouble.

From reading online this seems to be a feature that mapquest and most gps companies have, but not google????? The biggest "use all my stuff which shares information seamlessly with all devices".

At this point I am not looking to change apps or phones and such. I am open to any ideas tho, maybe change in the future. If it doesn't work I will just start driving and when the phone realizes I am not going that way it will adjust.

31,350 Posts
    Global Posts
    31,848 Global Posts
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Default Re: Google Maps, My maps from android phone?

Did you get this straightened out?