Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SpookDroid
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Texts to iphones

Hey guys!

So I'm sure this has been beat to death, but I haven't been able to find a definitive answer.

I recently made the (amazing) change from an iphone to a moto x. Very glad to be on android for tons of reasons.

However, the one issue I still have is when sending a long text to iphones, and the iphone user receiving a string of shorter texts (which aren't always in order)

On my end it's all one.. but on theirs it's all split up

I'm using Textra SMS with the option for splitting long texts de-selected, and I'm still having this issue

Has anyone found a solution to this? This is android.. based on linux... and on my linux machine I can do ANYTHING.. I would have to imagine the same would go for android.

Thanks!

Default Re: Texts to iphones

Yes, but remember, when sending a text to an iPhone (or any other phone, for that matter), you're using SMS. And SMS is limited to a certain number of characters per message (and remember, 'special' characters such as accented ones or foreign characters take up more space). iPhones don't usually see this problem because, when sending a text, they're actually using iMessage, not SMS.

And this is not an Android limitation. It's an SMS limitation. The blame that they arrive out of order it's actually on the carrier's side.
    wizzrah likes this.

Global Posts
    3,826 Global Posts
    ROM
    WDGI EX Rom v1.0

Welcome to the forums!

Like SpookDroid said, SMS is limited to 160 characters per text. Usually the phone will automatically split the text message into multiple messages if it exceeds this limit. How long is the text? Have you tried using other texting apps?
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

ADB Console by wizzrah. Check it out!: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sof...e-wizzrah.html

4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I never had this issue on my iphone, even when imessage wasn't available.

I'm currently using textra sms, but that doesn't seem to have solved the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by jaibhavaya View Post
    Hey guys!

So I'm sure this has been beat to death, but I haven't been able to find a definitive answer.

I recently made the (amazing) change from an iphone to a moto x. Very glad to be on android for tons of reasons.

However, the one issue I still have is when sending a long text to iphones, and the iphone user receiving a string of shorter texts (which aren't always in order)

On my end it's all one.. but on theirs it's all split up

I'm using Textra SMS with the option for splitting long texts de-selected, and I'm still having this issue

Has anyone found a solution to this? This is android.. based on linux... and on my linux machine I can do ANYTHING.. I would have to imagine the same would go for android.

Thanks!
    Congratulations on upgrading from a child's phone, to an adult's phone!