Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default changing the player back to normal on ShowBox app?

I've had ShowBox for just under a week on my phone and today I tried to watch a film on my phone but instead of the film showing on the app itself, it moves to Samsung's default player and sometimes it doesn't work or it just takes a long time to start playing.

How do I change it back to normal? I've already tried to clear the defaults in the settings but there weren't any listed defaults under the app.

HELP!?
    ukpaul83 likes this.

Default Re: changing the player back to normal on ShowBox app?

usually you would go to:
    >> Settings
    >> Apps
    >> Downloaded (or All) to find the app you want to prevent from being used as default
    >> scroll down to the button saying "Clear defaults" and tap it.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Hi, thanks for the reply:

There aren't any listed defaults on the settings so it won't let me clear it, any more ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Xafsa Mohamud View Post
    I've had ShowBox for just under a week on my phone and today I tried to watch a film on my phone but instead of the film showing on the app itself, it moves to Samsung's default player and sometimes it doesn't work or it just takes a long time to start playing.

How do I change it back to normal? I've already tried to clear the defaults in the settings but there weren't any listed defaults under the app.

HELP!?
    Uncheck the box tbatvses use internal player and it will let you pick

Have had problems since the update and MX player. After a few hours I had enough so this is how I watch movies that will not cast:
    Install MX player, and ES with casting add.Download movie.I also re installed the old showbox.
    If the movie cover shows in ES folder then you can cast it from there.

Open showbox folder in ES, select movie and it will ask you which player.Use MX

Then open chromecast to the casting screen and connect. Play movie thru MX and it will appear thru your tv

hope this helps, although a bit long winded it works have not tried it straight from watch now in showbox yet

Where do I find the box I have to unchecked so I can use the mx player and not the internal one? tbatvses. I have an android box.

Global Posts
    45,803 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

Android Central does not permit any discussion of illegal activities or illegal apps. Therefore this thread is closed.