Transfer audio files from USB flash drive to Google Play music
Is there a way to transfer audio files from a USB to my Google Play music player?
- 09-01-2014, 01:16 AM #2
- 20,345 Posts
Re: Transfer audio files from USB flash drive to Google Play music
What device do you have? Are you trying to transfer the files directly from the USB drive to the device? If so, you'd need to see if the device is compatible with OTG (On The Go) cables, and get one. Then you could connect the USB drive to the device and transfer the music files--I would transfer them to the Music folder. Once there, Google Play Music should see them. If you only wanted to show the music that is locally saved, swipe in from the left on Google Play Music and flip the "Downloaded" switch. This should display only the locally stored music.
If you don't want to get an OTG cable, I would insert the USB drive into a computer, connect the device to the same computer via USB, and use the computer's file browser to drag and drop the music files from the USB drive to the Music folder of the device.
- By kylepetz in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 09-08-2014, 07:21 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 09-02-2014, 12:44 AM
- By AnimalMotherASF in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 5Last Post: 07-03-2014, 06:47 PM
- By svarshavchik in forum Google Nexus 4Replies: 2Last Post: 07-02-2014, 06:40 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 07-02-2014, 06:03 PM