Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default App to Tell Which Frequencies My Phone Supports?

    Not the one it's currently on, but which ones it supports? The "Signal" app on BlackBerry 10 does this. Is there something similar for Android?

    Posted via Android Central App
  2. #2  
    wizzrah's Avatar

    Posts
    4,342 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,356 Global Posts
    ROM
    CandyKat 4.4.4

    Default Re: App to Tell Which Frequencies My Phone Supports?

    Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin_NYC View Post
    Not the one it's currently on, but which ones it supports? The "Signal" app on BlackBerry 10 does this. Is there something similar for Android?

    Posted via Android Central App
    I haven't seen an app that does this directly, but I think it would be easier to just look the frequencies for your phone up. What device do you have?
    "The glow of one warm thought is to me worth more than money." - Thomas Jefferson



    My One X has served its time...now it's the Note 4's turn
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: App to Tell Which Frequencies My Phone Supports?

    Quote Originally Posted by wizzrah View Post
    I haven't seen an app that does this directly, but I think it would be easier to just look the frequencies for your phone up. What device do you have?
    It would be easier to have the app to actually look at the phone's radio and tell me (like the "Signal" app does on BB10). I have an HTC One M8, and after tweeting T-Mobile and HTC USA, I have determined the frequencies it has, but it was not easy, and information on the web is incomplete and full of errors. So "looking it up" is not easy. No one knows of an app that does this in the vastness of Google Play? Surprised the BB App Store has something that Google Play does not.
  4. #4  
    wizzrah's Avatar

    Posts
    4,342 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,356 Global Posts
    ROM
    CandyKat 4.4.4

    Default Re: App to Tell Which Frequencies My Phone Supports?

    Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin_NYC View Post
    It would be easier to have the app to actually look at the phone's radio and tell me (like the "Signal" app does on BB10). I have an HTC One M8, and after tweeting T-Mobile and HTC USA, I have determined the frequencies it has, but it was not easy, and information on the web is incomplete and full of errors. So "looking it up" is not easy. No one knows of an app that does this in the vastness of Google Play? Surprised the BB App Store has something that Google Play does not.
    Hmmm, I found this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...d.telnet&hl=en

    It will tell you what network frequency your phone is using.
    "The glow of one warm thought is to me worth more than money." - Thomas Jefferson



    My One X has served its time...now it's the Note 4's turn
  5. #5  

    Default Re: App to Tell Which Frequencies My Phone Supports?

    There's Mobile Radio Frequency as well, but I think it only tells you what band you're currently using, not what all available bands for the device are.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: App to Tell Which Frequencies My Phone Supports?

    Thanks guys, but these are not useful to determine if one's phone will work in a certain country, since they don't tell you what bands are supported by one's phone.

Similar Threads

  1. 3 tools you need to put on your S5 right now
    By AZgl1500 in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-13-2014, 02:21 PM
  2. Transfer audio files from USB flash drive to Google Play music
    By Unregistered in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-01-2014, 02:16 AM
  3. How to diagnose high storage I/O
    By zyberwoof in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-03-2014, 09:29 PM
  4. which one would you get?
    By jamespark7 in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-02-2014, 08:25 PM
  5. Recent Apps Background Bug?
    By graysonk95 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-02-2014, 07:10 PM

Posting Permissions