Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Unhappy *Urgent! Travel from Aus to USA - Good camera, Frequency concerns?*

Hello and thank you for taking the time to read my post... just a bit anxious about the following!

I am in need a mobile phone to use in Australia for the next 2 weeks and then to take with me to the United States for my travels. I'm looking for a smartphone with a good quality camera, speedy picture response time (don't want to miss any moments with lag), good processor, decent storage, and 5" and under. Budget is hopefully 400 or less.

As I am a relative newbie to smartphones and all, I was reading about the different bands of frequency in different countries and this got me worried that If I get a phone here It may not work over there and vice versa.

Firstly, any suggestions on good phones to take travelling over there that I will be able to use in Aus and in the U.S.?

Secondly, I have this phone in my sights: LG Nexus 5 D821 LTE 16GB Black (4G, Unlocked). Buying from Android Enjoyed for 367.37 all up. But then I saw that there is a different version of this (D820 with no LTE). I searched it up and had trouble distinguishing from both but a site said that the latter was the North American version, whilst the LTW was the international one?

But I'm still unsure as to whether it will work anywhere overseas, and whether I would have any issues using it.

Can anyone explain/clarify this?

Cheers

Default Re: *Urgent! Travel from Aus to USA - Good camera, Frequency concerns?*

Sorry no one ever responded--I hope you were able to find your answer somehow. To my knowledge, there is no Nexus 5 variant that lacks LTE.