Which phones share the same SIM card as Droid Bionic?

A

AC Question

Hello,

I dropped my Droid Bionic and shattered the screen. Trying to fix it myself, I screwed up the phone worse. D'oh! Anyhoo, I was curious about buying another phone from craigslist and just inserting my SIM card. Would it be just that easy with another Verizon Droid Bionic with clean ESN (not even sure what a clean ESN is...)?

But then I started thinking...what other phones share the same type of SIM card? Maybe there is something better out there. I realize the Samsung Galaxy phones don't use the same SIM, huh? What other options do I have?

Thanks!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I just can't find the SIM card size for the Droid Bionic. Is it a 'regular' SIM card? In any case, don't let the SIM card stop you from upgrading if you want!

If you have a full-size SIM card and want to get, say, a Galaxy S5 that uses microSIM cards, you can always cut yours out (tons of guides/stencils out there, just print, place on top of your SIM, start cutting). Also, just go to your carrier and they can either cut it out for you (most carriers will do this for free) or just ask for a new SIM card (but this, of course, will cost a few bucks).

Oh, and a "clean ESN" means that the phone is not listed as 'stolen'. For most carriers, if the phone's ESN has been flagged as stolen, you won't be able to activate it on their network.

classie787

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Here is information from April 2012 taken from another forum:

The Droid bionic, Droid charge, and the Lg revolution are the only 4g phones that have the bigger sim card. Just pop it in any of those phones and it'll work as long as the esn is clean on em.

I did not know if any newer phones since April 2012 came out with the same SIM. But anyways your response surprised me. You mean to say that I can buy any Verizon phone I want (Samsung Galaxy s3 or s4 are the frontrunners) and just alter my SIM card to fit? That blows my mind. Okay, another question--I have IMPORTANT voice mails...nine of them...dating back from 2004. If I somehow wreck my SIM card while stenciling it to a smaller size, will those voicemails be affected? I'm pretty darn sure that's not where those messages are stored, I just want to make sure first before doing so.

Thank you so much for your response!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Yup, your SIM card can be altered to fit any phone. BUT if you're scared you might wreck it, just ask for a replacement from your carrier, they're not that expensive :)

As for the voicemail, if it's stored in the voicemail's SERVICE (probably are) then you wouldn't lose them if you change the SIM in case you wreck or lose or break yours. Your voicemail is tied to your phone line, not the SIM.

Sent from my SM-P600 using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol