Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Unregistered

Default Why can't I watch videos in the Facebook app?

I can't watch nearly all video's on my Facebook news feed on my Xperia z2 why is this, what do I need to do? Thanks

Default video's

My Xperia z2 won't let me watch video's on my Facebook newsfeed can anybody help?

Global Posts
    20,716 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Why can't I watch videos in the Facebook app?

Are the videos Flash based?

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Any error pops up? There shouldn't be a problem playing videos since it is now done within the app itself.

Yes I think so, I'm not to sure, I'm a bit baffled

Yes it pops up with error occurred can't play the video

Have you tried opening it on a web browser in your phone? Does it play there?

Global Posts
    20,716 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Android is moving away from flash players. If those videos are flash based, that would explain why.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

I'll check. So basically going through the Web browser will be the way if it works then what's the point in having the app for Facebook?

Not necessarily. I'm just trying to check if the video you want to play is flash-based or if it's an app malfunction. If it's flash-based or an unplayable format, it won't play in a web browser in your phone. If you can play it in the browser though and not in the app, then there's something wrong with the app, in which case the first things to try are always clearing cache and retry, and then re-installing the app and retry.

If the profile you're trying to watch a video from is public, just send me the name or link via private message and I'll see if the video you're trying to watch plays in my phone.

It's not just one video it's numerous video's nearly all of them except a few and just comes up with the same thing "error cannot play video and I've already deleted and reinstalled the Facebook app to no avail

Videos play automatic on ios but costs you huge data losses from your data bundle , the videos have no sound so are useless in a way , i prefer the click on the link to view the video which may take a few seconds of your time but that is better than the facebook app taking data for videos your not interested in

The Android app does the same, although now you have the option of actually disabling video auto-download unless you're on WiFi. Pretty nice addition IMHO.

Sent from my SM-P600 using AC Forums mobile app

I think I may have figured out the problem and a solution. It has something to do with the video autoplay function in Facebook. So just turn it to off. It seems to have fixed my problem.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Why can't I watch videos in the Facebook app?-ca20140829145359.jpg  

Do this..

Posted via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Why can't I watch videos in the Facebook app?-ca20140829145359.jpg