"downloading English(US)" continually - How stop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

AC Question

Hi,
My Samsung Galaxy S3 on AT&T is constantly "Downloading English" for the "offline speech recognition data". It is caught at 76% and shows the downloading symbol. It is using up my data quota. I have tried all the easy stuff like turning off the auto update for "download languages", installing another language, installing the update, uninstalling the update, turning off the phone, removing the battery...none of it has worked. Interestingly, when I install the English update, a second download occurs and completes successfully while the first one is still stuck at 76%. Any suggestions helpful. Thank you.

Indraneel Naik

Apr 24, 2017
Visit site
Solution found!!
Surprisingly, (I don't know why, but there must be a logical explanation to this, and that is why the word surprisingly) the ***** thing just wanted WiFi for downloading itself and not mobile data (Though it was a strong connection through mobile data too). Once I turned ON the WiFi, it downloaded as if there was nothing wrong with it... relieved.
If you don't have WiFi access, ask your friend to share WiFi hot spot from his/her mobile.. That should do the job.
All the best!

Ravindra Acharya

Jun 30, 2017
Visit site
Solution :"downloading English(US)" continually - How stop?

Open "Google" App
Open "Settings"
Open "Voice"
Open "Offline speech recognition"
Open "Auto-update"
Select "Do not auto-update languages" instead of "Auto-update languages over Wi-Fi only"
Restart your device
Problem Solved

Zoon Politicon

Jul 4, 2017
Visit site
Re: Solution :"downloading English(US)" continually - How stop?

Open "Settings"
Open "Sound & notification"
Open "Apps notification"
Scroll down to find "Downloads"
Then tap on "Block" - Never show notification from this app
Problem solved

mj meena

Jul 8, 2017
Visit site
try these two methods, in my Coolpad cool 1 first one work.

1#. Pull down screen , and press notification toggle for 3-4 second, it will redirect you to download manager system app, now clear data and cache of app , and return to home screen, now switch off then on your phone

# open setting↪ app Management or application setting ↪ select all apps↪ now carefully search for ( download manager system app) ↪open it ↪ clear data ↪ return to home screen ↪ switch on and off your phone ↪ problem solved 👍👍👍

Varsha Baranwal

Aug 4, 2017
Visit site
Re: "downloading English(UK)" continually - How stop?

Can anyone guide how to stop downloading this UK english problem. I have connected through wifi multiple times and it also get downloaded but after 3-4 hours this downloading restarts in pause mode. Please suggest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech