Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default "Google search" on nexus 7 not finding all the apps on the tablet when searched

"Google search" on nexus 7 not finding all the apps on the tablet when searched. For instance if I type "maps" in the search box I only get results for links to maps and chrome pages. I have checked "search NAMES OF INSTALLED APPS" in the settings but still nothing.
    However it doesn't seem to affect all apps, some apps show up but most don't.

Please help what I'm I doing wrong? I hate having to go through the app tray all the time to find apps.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    8,982 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Default Re: "Google search" on nexus 7 not finding all the apps on the tablet when searched

The Google app doesn't search for on device apps. It will search the internet for a relevant link to whatever you're looking for.
    Have you tried organizing your apps on your home screen by functionality? Would make it easier to find apps.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SOKP 4.4.2
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: "Google search" on nexus 7 not finding all the apps on the tablet when searched

I know I can put my most used apps on the home screen (even use folders) but I'd prefer to have it clear that's the beauty of android IMO. "Google search app" does search for apps installed on device... its not working on my nexus 7, anyone know why?

Posted via Android Central App