Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By wizzrah
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Exclamation need help

This is an odd story. I left my galaxy player 5.0 on top of a car. Someone went to the store and apparently it was still on there. It was left in a horrible rainstorm on the side of the road after having dropped with the screen not breaking at all. My grandparents found it the next day! It turned on but i turned it immediately back off and put it in rice for twenty four hours. I took it out and it looked like the charging hole had corroded. I took a tootbrush and brushed it out and it was totally clean. It turned on and i put it on the charger but it wont charge. I put it back in rice to see if there was any moisture left and im gonna let it sit. Anyone know anything that might work or anything i can do?

Default Re: need help

Do you have insurance for the device. Sounds like the only way you can save yourself. Seriously, the insurance is worth it's weight in hold.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    30,928 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Unfortunately, no. Between the shock and water, it would be difficult to fix, due to multiple causes of failure.

From a Carbon M8 and AC Forums app

Global Posts
    4,693 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Kitkat

Quote Originally Posted by AC Question View Post
    This is an odd story. I left my galaxy player 5.0 on top of a car. Someone went to the store and apparently it was still on there. It was left in a horrible rainstorm on the side of the road after having dropped with the screen not breaking at all. My grandparents found it the next day! It turned on but i turned it immediately back off and put it in rice for twenty four hours. I took it out and it looked like the charging hole had corroded. I took a tootbrush and brushed it out and it was totally clean. It turned on and i put it on the charger but it wont charge. I put it back in rice to see if there was any moisture left and im gonna let it sit. Anyone know anything that might work or anything i can do?
    Hi there.

You might have to send it to a repair center if you can't get it to work.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.