This is an odd story. I left my galaxy player 5.0 on top of a car. Someone went to the store and apparently it was still on there. It was left in a horrible rainstorm on the side of the road after having dropped with the screen not breaking at all. My grandparents found it the next day! It turned on but i turned it immediately back off and put it in rice for twenty four hours. I took it out and it looked like the charging hole had corroded. I took a tootbrush and brushed it out and it was totally clean. It turned on and i put it on the charger but it wont charge. I put it back in rice to see if there was any moisture left and im gonna let it sit. Anyone know anything that might work or anything i can do?
    07-03-2014 03:51 PM
    Do you have insurance for the device. Sounds like the only way you can save yourself. Seriously, the insurance is worth it's weight in hold.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AC Forums mobile app
    07-03-2014 04:00 PM
    Unfortunately, no. Between the shock and water, it would be difficult to fix, due to multiple causes of failure.

From a Carbon M8 and AC Forums app
    07-03-2014 04:00 PM
    This is an odd story. I left my galaxy player 5.0 on top of a car. Someone went to the store and apparently it was still on there. It was left in a horrible rainstorm on the side of the road after having dropped with the screen not breaking at all. My grandparents found it the next day! It turned on but i turned it immediately back off and put it in rice for twenty four hours. I took it out and it looked like the charging hole had corroded. I took a tootbrush and brushed it out and it was totally clean. It turned on and i put it on the charger but it wont charge. I put it back in rice to see if there was any moisture left and im gonna let it sit. Anyone know anything that might work or anything i can do?
    Hi there.

You might have to send it to a repair center if you can't get it to work.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    07-03-2014 04:10 PM