Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
07-04-2014 03:03 AM
1 replies
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default My HTC One x won't change notification sound

I go into Messages>Settings>Notifications>Notification Sounds and when I tap on it, a notification pops up saying "Sorry! Messages has stopped unexpectedly. We'll be sending reports to HTC to help us improve our products."
    When I go into the Settings>Personalize>Sounds and tap notifications, it doesn't even respond to that.
    I can change my actual ringtone fine, if I go into music and select "set ringtone" after tapping on the right hand side of the audio file, but it doesn't say anything about notifications.
    I've been looking for a similar problem on these forums, and none of the "remedies" worked. Do I have to factory reset it, wait until the next system update, or is there any other thing anyone can think of? It's annoying, considering I chose ringtones for messaging and I don't want the default ringtone because it isn't loud enough and just kinda annoying to begin with. Any input, I'll try. Thank you.

Default Re: My HTC One x won't change notification sound

You could try going to Settings>Apps>All, selecting Messaging, and Clear Cache/Clear Data, then Force Stop. Then try again. Keep in mind that Clear Data may delete any saved messages.