My HTC One x won't change notification sound

Deankay

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
I go into Messages>Settings>Notifications>Notification Sounds and when I tap on it, a notification pops up saying "Sorry! Messages has stopped unexpectedly. We'll be sending reports to HTC to help us improve our products."
When I go into the Settings>Personalize>Sounds and tap notifications, it doesn't even respond to that.
I can change my actual ringtone fine, if I go into music and select "set ringtone" after tapping on the right hand side of the audio file, but it doesn't say anything about notifications.
I've been looking for a similar problem on these forums, and none of the "remedies" worked. Do I have to factory reset it, wait until the next system update, or is there any other thing anyone can think of? It's annoying, considering I chose ringtones for messaging and I don't want the default ringtone because it isn't loud enough and just kinda annoying to begin with. Any input, I'll try. Thank you.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You could try going to Settings>Apps>All, selecting Messaging, and Clear Cache/Clear Data, then Force Stop. Then try again. Keep in mind that Clear Data may delete any saved messages.