Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
+ Reply Subscribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default s4 suddenly stopped charging and "dock connected" message appeared

Hi

So up till 15 min ago, my 10 month old unrooted not damaged samsung s4 was working fine. Then as I connected it to the charger because the battery was low, it stopped recognizing the charger and wouldnt charge, i checked it on several USB chargers and wall mount tradiitonal ones and my PC but it just would not recognize. Then a message appeared saying "dock connected" and then it disappeared and a new message came "HDMI connected" thats when i switched it off to restart it.

Suddenly, the screen went black and an Android man popped up saying Downloading Do Not Turn Off Target. I waited a few minutes and then did a batt pull and its not been charging since and the Dock and HDMI messages keep repeating!

What should I do!

Default Re: s4 suddenly stopped charging and "dock connected" message appeared

Try a new battery. If that doesn't help, try booting into Recovery Mode and wiping the cache partition: Reset: Samsung Galaxy S 4 | T-Mobile Support.

If the dock issue persists, the charging port might be faulty.